jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (18 posts)

Deleting Hubs

1. snakeslane profile image80
    snakeslaneposted 4 years ago

Wondering how I can delete or unpublish hubs? Only the Edit button is available. Is this new, or have I missed something?

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

That's not new, you're missing something.  Unpublishing is found once you are in edit mode.  The delete button is viewable on the Hub itself, but only to the owner.

snakeslaneposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, I thought this option used to be on the accounts page, was it not?
      Meanwhile, the delete option is not available in a video  hub I'm working on. Do you know how to delete a video?

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
        Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No, I've been here a few years and it's never been available on your account page. 

Open the Hub (NOT in edit mode) and you should see it.

Got it! Thanks for help, what was I thinking?

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
            Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Actually, I've always thought it was a stupid place to put the delete button. It's certainly not the first place anyone would think to look.  Why not put it in the edit mode?

Why not put it on the Accounts page?

2. snakeslane profile image80

OK I found it thanks again!

3. xstatic profile image61
    xstaticposted 4 years ago

I wondered about that also. I was going to unpublish one or two today and could not find said buttons.

I know, I was sure these buttons were on the accounts page, weren't they? Didn't there used to be an unpublish button on the accounts page?

4. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

They're still around. Ya just got to work for it... big_smile

same question to you para:Thanks, I thought this option used to be on the accounts page, was it not?
      Meanwhile, the delete option is not available in a video  hub I'm working on. Do you know how to delete a video?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
        Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Are you trying to delete the Video Hub itself or remove a HubPages video from the Hub?
        To delete the Video Hub, you need to select "Done Editing" after editing the Hub and then you should see the edit, stats, delete, and suggest links buttons above the Hub content.

If you are referring to removing a HubPages hosted video from a video Hub, then you will need to choose another HubPages hosted video instead of the original one as there is no option to delete/remove it.  This is due to a video Hub requiring a non-3rd party video.

Hi Matt, I don't know what a Hub Pages hosted video is.

There is a video capsule that allows embedding of 3rd party videos like YouTube and then there are videos hosted on HubPages that you upload to HubPages and then use in a video Hub.  The HubPages terminology is probably the confusing part.  If you didn't explicitly upload video content to HubPages then you are probably using the video capsule and 3rd party video.

I uploaded a 'video' from my movie maker program. Trying out Hub Pages Video Hub offering, it was just a test run, and I decided to delete it which I did. So yes, I was trying to delete the Hub.

If you uploaded the video from your computer to HubPages, then you are using a HubPages hosted video in a video Hub.  So you can only change to another HubPages video in that Hub, and not delete the video from the Hub.
                You can delete the video Hub all together though.

OK, thanks Matt, that is really good to know for future reference.

working