jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Published hub but can't find it in hubpages search results

1. aboutautism profile image60
    aboutautismposted 3 years ago

Hi all,
    Having a issue and I can't seem to figure out why. I republished one of my hubs this past week and for some reason when I search for it using the tittle name it's not showing up. The tittle name is What is ABA therapy - helping children with  autism. I did find it listed in its category area but no luck when searching for it on the hubpages web site. It is a featured hub so doesn't really make sense. Any ideas????

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
      Millionaire Tipsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Unfortunately, the HubPages search function doesn't work very well.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The HubPages site search is not as robust as Google's algorithm.

Part of the issue is that the search uses all the words and not just the words in the order you specified and there appear to be many articles about autism.

You can do a Google search of HubPages like this:
      https://www.google.com/search?as_q=%22w … as_rights=

My guess would be that few people are going to come to the site and search for Hubs by title.

2. KDeus profile image97
    KDeusposted 3 years ago

I've also noticed that the search function doesn't return the expected results. There definitely is room for improvement there. I would suggest not worrying too much about the search results here as most people (not hubbers) who find your page aren't going to intuitively use the search to search for other things. They'll most likely go back to google or bing and search from there.

3. aboutautism profile image60
    aboutautismposted 3 years ago

Thanks !!