jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (19 posts)

I want more followers!

1. 0
    Lybrahposted 4 years ago

It's been a couple of months now and I still cannot get approved by Google Adsense.  Also, I'd like to have more followers...any advice?

1. 0
      Lybrahposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't want this to come off as I am begging for followers, I just simply want to know how I get more people to read my hubs.

2. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Go here, http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

Read everything.  You'll learn both how to get approved for AdSense and legitimately get more followers.

2. tussin profile image61
    tussinposted 4 years ago

First of all, gaining followers doesn't mean you'll get more people to read your hubs.  If you doing it right, you should be getting most of your views from outside hubpages, like when people find your articles in search engines or through links posted on other sites.  Followers are nice, but mean nothing in terms of earnings and traffic.

Second, if you don't have an Adsense account, you're not going to earn anything at all with the Hubpages Ad program, no matter how many followers you have or how many views your hubs get.  You need to work on getting an Adsense account first, and then worry about getting traffic. 

Did you get a reason from Google why the denied your Adsense application?

1. 0

So how do I get people outside of hubpages to view my hubs?  Most of my views are on hubpages.  What is "doing it right" mean?

1. tussin profile image61
        tussinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You should be writing in such a way that seach engines index your hubs and rank them higher, and that people find your hubs useful and entertaining and want to share the links with their friends. You should also create some backlinks to your hubs on other sites so that search engines and readers can discover your content more easily.  That's "doing it right" in a nutshell.  If all or most of your views are internal, you're doing it wrong.

1. 0

How do you create a back link?

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Excellent answer

3. peeples profile image89
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

I suggest you take some time to go to the learning center. Also the things you don't know such as how to create back links can be searched in the search bar above. There are many hubbers who have written about such things. Good Luck!

1. 0

Thanks of your help.  I went to the learning center and I think I did some link stuff, but I do not know if I am doing anything correctly.  How will I  know if I am doing it right?

4. seanorjohn profile image79
    seanorjohnposted 4 years ago

The best way to get followers is to get involved in the religious forums. You will soon find yourself with numerous followers and stalkers.

1. 0
      summerberrieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Actually, after reading a few of your hubs, getting involved in the religious forum might be a great idea for you...you seem to have the right kind of stuff for it and articulate it well (meant as a complement).

1. seanorjohn profile image79
        seanorjohnposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Summerberrie, that is so kind. I am a sucker for compliments. I will spend tomorrow reading and commenting on your hubs. You now have a devoted Hubber who will tweet your top hubs. Wish I knew how to do those smiley face symbols.

1. 0

Well what about me, Seanorjohn?  smile

1. seanorjohn profile image79
            seanorjohnposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Lybrah I will of course tweet your top Hubs. Just tweeted your kindle versus ipad Hub. So, you too know how to do smiley faces.

1. 0

Thank you!

2. 0

You both will do wonderful in the religious forums- I might join you there! Still taking a long break from writing.....

2. 0

Hit the formatting button next to the camera icon to the right of the reply box -lots of options big_smile

5. seanorjohn profile image79
    seanorjohnposted 4 years ago

smile

working