jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Tag retired from Hubs

1. 0
    alwaysamberposted 3 years ago

How do I add tags to my Hubs?

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

Hubpages no longer uses tags.

3. 0
    alwaysamberposted 3 years ago

Oh thanks for letting me know!

4. Winterfate profile image99
    Winterfateposted 3 years ago

The functionality was removed a long while ago (I want to say about a year ago, but can't remember precisely). According to the staff, the functionality was being under-utilized.

5. Simone Smith profile image92
    Simone Smithposted 3 years ago

That's right- we phased out tags, as we have been automatically generating them for ages.

Here's the detailed explanation: http://blog.hubpages.com/2012/12/phasin … s-capsule/

1. 0
      alwaysamberposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you so much for the information! I am new here, so didn't know that tags are know longer used. Thanks, again. smile

6. DreamerMeg profile image86
    DreamerMegposted 3 years ago

Don't think it's working. I have just been testing out a rank tracker that tracks where your web pages are with keywords. And my hub on mind maps does not even figure anywhere at all in the rankings on Google or Bing for the tags that I had originally added before they were all removed. (I haven't checked the other hubs yet.) How can we tell if tags have even been added? How can we track how a page is doing? I used to check out the best tags with google adwords, to see what people were searching for in relation to my subject. What if the tags that are being added are not what people are actually searching for?