jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Hub earnings program

1. Petra Newman profile image60
    Petra Newmanposted 4 years ago

Do I have to submit my tax information to belong to the Hubs earning program?  So far I have 120 views and no earnings.  I'm new to this and I only have adsense and Amazon, and don't belong to the Hubs earning program.  I have no problem paying the taxes but am a little hesitant to send my tax information over the internet.

Any help on this subject would be appreciated.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You do have to supply tax information to HP in order to participate in the HPads program.  You don't have to participate in order to earn, though; you can earn through adsense and Amazon without enabling the HPads.

Most, but not all, hubbers find it advantageous to use HPads, though.

Most of us have provided that SS number to HP; it's safe enough if you haven't used a link to get there.  There is always a risk, whether using the net or not, but it's reasonably low to give it to HP IMO.

Petra Newmanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Wilderness;  this helps a lot.  At helium they did all the behind scenes work for us.  This is a bit more complicated.  Thank you for the info. it is appreciated.

1. wilderness profile image96
          wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome.  I presume you know that the reason HP needs that information is because they will be paying you, not just google (adsense) or amazon. 

At HP that "behind the scenes" work includes locating advertisers, placing ads, collecting the money from the advertisers and distributing it to you.  It's that "distributing" that requires your SS information for reporting purposes.

Thanks again Wilderness;  Thanks for explaining the Hubs earning program.  This is useful information.

2. Simone Smith profile image91
    Simone Smithposted 4 years ago

Thanks for helping out, Wilderness!

Petra Newman, I recommend stopping by these Learning Center guides- they'll give you all the additional guidance you need:

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/earnings-program
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Ad-Program
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/signup-AdSense

1. Angelique Newman profile image60
      Angelique Newmanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I noticed on my Earnings page that Hubpages Earnings Program is active; the problem is I don't remember activating it.  I didn't activate the eBay program which the status says not active but the other one is active.  I thought my revenue was solely through AdSense and Amazon.  I too don't like putting my tax information over the net.

1. psycheskinner profile image81
        psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There is really no way around giving your tax info to any entity that will be paying you and declaring that payment.

2. Angelique Newman profile image60
        Angelique Newmanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Simone
        thanks for posting the link on the earnings program, it explains the advantages and how it can increase your revenue.

psycheskinner

I hear about so much identity theft I don't feel safe putting the information out there--especially for the amount of money I'm making here.  I think I've only made 3 to 5 dollars in the time I've been on hubpages.  Of course I'm not good with SEOs and all that stuff--I just can't get a handle on it.  For me, hubpages is a hobby.

2. Petra Newman profile image60

Thanks Simone for the links.

3. RobertSmith92 profile image61
    RobertSmith92posted 4 years ago

I'm unsure how to sort my tax out, being a British student. Any advice?

working