jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

The ability to un-feature our own hubs.

1. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

Poems are a good example. They're not helping the subdomain, but they've become such pets, that the hubber still wants to keep them around on the profile page.

1. That Grrl profile image79
      That Grrlposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Remove them from HubPages and post them to your own blog then. I think this is not a good idea because it adds more complication for new Hub writers to figure out, rather than something we really need.

You can easily start your own blog on WordPress.com or Blogger.com. From there you have full control of what shows or does not show. Plus you can promote all of your poems on HubPages too by having a link in your blog sidebar. So you get a link back as a bonus.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, why do you think they're "not helping your sub-domain"?

There is absolutely no evidence that Hubs which receive low traffic will hurt your sub-domain in any way, shape or form.

If it's because they're too short - and therefore at risk of being labelled "poor quality" by Google - then could you combine several into one Hub?

3. Cardisa profile image90
      Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Paradigmsearch, I think I am going to post that hub again on how to attract organic traffic to your poems . See the photo of my poems. They are all featured. Even though today the traffic is low for them at only 7 views so far, notice the 7-day views at 200+ and so forth. You can make your poems be featured and you can attract organic traffic. What happened to the image? It's so small, how can anyone see its details?

Anyway if you need help getting organic traffic just let me know, meanwhile I will rewrite that hub.

2. melbel profile image93
    melbelposted 3 years ago

I really like this idea. There are some hubs that I want to work on, but not any time soon. I don't want to unpublish it which could send some "bad link" warnings to myself and other hubbers (thus causing the hub to lose out on internal links.)

I unpublished a bunch of hubs about a month ago that I just felt weren't an example of my best work. Since then, I've seen some really nice traffic. (It's also important to note that I deleted pretty much all my questions.) Getting rid of the crap that's been weighing down my account did me some good, but what if they had been hubs that I wanted to "fix" in the future... or maybe even gradually fix.

1. paradigmsearch profile image91
      paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I estimate I've deleted 80% of my questions as well.

Right now I'm really thinking that my poems and politics hubs have also got to go. Problem is that I've already got 4 blogs that amply demonstrate to me the futility of transferring things there. Of course, the hubs can't do any worse than they are doing now. But still, I'd like to come up with some new, brilliant transfer idea first.

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image80
        Kangaroo_Jaseposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Why not create a new sub-domain, just for those items of poems and politics?