jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (17 posts)

My hub has been cited for overly promotional

1. Tricandy profile image58
    Tricandyposted 4 years ago

Please explain why my hub has been classified as overly promotional.   Best plastic surgeon has one link to my site and the images i used I bought from Dreamstime?

Please explain in detail as I never had a problem with my hubs.
    Thanks

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Is your site about plastic surgery?  All links on a Hub must be directly relevant to the subject of the Hub, otherwise they're not allowed.

There's no problem with linking images to Dreamstime so that's not it.

Tricandyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes my site is about plastic surgery and it is all information I just don't get it

Does Simone's answer help?  Does your Hub sound more like a press release promoting your site, than a magazine article in its own right?  How many words was it?

It was over 400 but I'm really trying yo understand it was more about why people want plastic surgery due to advertising and celebtities and it explained why woman feel the need to have surgery to enhance their appearance.    So should we not promote a site that is informative or maybe I used a wrong title is that it

I think Relache's answer may be relevant.  If you're finishing off your Hubs with a blatant sales pitch in bold type, and your Hub doesn't offer any useful advice in its own right, then that could count as overly promotional.

By the way, your dog leash Hub sounds keyword stuffed - i.e. you're repeating that phrase so often, Google could decide you're spamming and slap you.

OK this is understandable. Thanks for your input I appreciate help so I can continue with more content

The thing is, that would have been a perfectly acceptable article pre-Panda.  The rules are so different now.

2. A Driveby Quipper profile image60
      A Driveby Quipperposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You are wasting money and time.

2. Simone Smith profile image88
    Simone Smithposted 4 years ago

Hi Tricandy,
    Typically, Hubs that might not be interesting to the thing or site that is being promoted in the Hub are considered to be overly promotional.
    Other cases in which Hubs are moderated for being overly promotional is when they are seen as giving teasers pointing toward a full story at the site being promoted.
    Hope that helps!

I'm not sure how over promotional it is since it is informative I hope they give me details since this is the first time this is ever happened.  Does the title of the hub have to something to do with it, since it is named the best plastic surgeon

3. relache profile image83
    relacheposted 4 years ago

I just looked at the Hubs visible on your profile and all of them appear to be overly promotional.  They are either promoting a sole business/site or have a "to read more/get the secret" teaser that links elsewhere.

http://hubpages.com/faq/#overly_promotional

There is no secret teasers I am not selling anything.  This makes no sense since spammers have been overly promtional and I would appreciate constructive criticism please

1. relache profile image83
        relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

"Find out the Secrets I used and How I Saved My Dog, visit Dog Leash Aggression -Stopping Aggressive Dog Behavior Dog Obedience Training.

Get A Limited Affordable Price for training your dog and RESOLVING the dog obedience, leash and aggressive problems you may have!"

If that isn't a "get the secret" teaser that is also selling something, I don't know what is ....  In short, in my opinion all your Hubs meet the established criteria of being purely promotional, as I have come to understand the rules here during the last six years.  But since the site moderators are the ones calling the shots, you should discuss the finer points with them if you don't want to consider my advice.

Well these are old hubs and now have done many new sites.  Anyway I justwanted constructive criticism on my new sites and hubs and what was considered overtly promo.   I don't have any of this on my new hubs.   I have always put out good content compared to many others.  I do have an inquiry with the hub people because I do want to continue promoting good content.   Anyway it seems to me all content is somewhat promotional, then why would you want to use hubpsges.

4. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

The most recent hub i could see was from eight days ago and ends with "GO to Puppyseparationanxietycure.com to find the answers to all the behavior problems and training issues you may be having!"

This reads as being a hub whose main purpose is to drive traffic to another site.  If you gave tips mainly in the hub and had the link more as an aside, a place you could learn more, this would work better.

p.s. I see no site at "Puppyseparationanxietycure.com"

Yes I see how this is different and appreciate it.  Also the puppycure site was about 2 yrs ago and I got rid of it.
      I will work on the resource area.  Its interedting since most of my sites never dropped from Google.  I've always tried my best to use informative sites and tips but things always change so wasn't sure what I was doing wrong.

working