jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (22 posts)

Freaking 12-month traffic low...

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

I'm starting to throw things at the walls... Figuratively speaking. For now...

1. Hollie Thomas profile image59
      Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It might just be because of the time of year, PDS.

paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You're right. But I'm still tired of the work:reward ratio...

I know it's tough. To be honest though until very recently I didn't make that much effort when it came to internet writing, I was put off by what has happened to other people here. But now, I want to make a go of it on various sites with the writing and designs.

Maybe you could just write a couple of articles on other sites to use as back links for articles that you have here? If things are not great here for you at the moment, perhaps just spreading your wings a little may prove a bit more profitable, until things at HP level out.

I, paradigmsearch, will have a dozen different domains going by the end of 2013.

No rant sh@t. Any moron can do one a month. All I have to do is get my act together.

Good for you, and I know you'll get your act together. If you're anything like me then you have to get in that head space where you are absolutely determined. And it'll be worth it.

1. Xenonlit profile image59
                Xenonlitposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have learned the hard way not to put all the eggs in one basket. All the content mills are having big trouble. One site that was paying six figures for real journalism has clipped and nipped until all the top writers fled. Another site has done the same.

It's great to be writing freely again and getting views too.

1. gmwilliams profile image83
                  gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Agree with you.   I am considering creating my own website in the future.   However, am doing well on HubPages.

2. Hollie Thomas profile image59

The majority of my work is offline writing for private clients and a bit of work for my local university. Although I do write some really short articles for an online client who pays well. I just don't want to do that kind of work anymore so I'm trying to become established in the online world, and the one thing that I have learnt is to spread yourself around a bit. As you say, all eggs in one basket is not the best business model.

2. profile image0
              Sarra Garrettposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Wanna do a website for me? I am so bad when it comes to that. Hell, I can't even set up a blog.  Must be all my grey hairs now.

I could help you set up a blog, Sarra, but not a website. Pm me if you need any help with a blog.

2. Healthyannie profile image75
                Healthyannieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Sarra

Have you ever tried Weebly.com. I have just started to put together a couple of sites and I find Weebly really user friendly i.e. even I can use it.

1. profile image0
                  Sarra Garrettposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Healthyannie.  Never heard of Weebly.  I'll check it out.  Thanks.

2. jessonMaroon profile image60
      jessonMaroonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Low traffic might be due to new year occasion, your traffic would bounce back, after few days, once everything returns normal.

This new week has indeed started out somewhat promising...

2. xionnguyen profile image59
    xionnguyenposted 4 years ago

What I usually do is ask friends to just go to my links, and skim and rate it. Or you can have those who follow you to look at your links at least once a day. It usually work. To bad for me I don't go facebook anymore, so I won't get any views, and I am still new.

3. ologsinquito profile image93
    ologsinquitoposted 4 years ago

paradigmsearch, things are much tougher than I would have imagined in the world of online writing, but online is the future. Even Newsweek just published its last print issue.

We need to diversify and I'm trying to do that too. I can't say my little bit of traffic has fallen in the last week. It's actually grown a bit, but I'm trying to promote my hubs off of HP. But my traffic is still low, so this little uptick isn't indicative of anything.

Hollie, go for the online writing. I wish you the best of luck. I loved your African chicken recipe. I'm making it tomorrow and serving it to company. It's delicious.

Thank you, ologsinquito. That's actually my kids and my mums favorite recipe, too. I'm pursuing my online writing at various sites around the web, we'll see how it goes. I hope your dinner goes well tomorrow. smile

4. ologsinquito profile image93
    ologsinquitoposted 4 years ago

I can see why your family likes this so much. It's so easy to make and absolutely delicious. I tried it the first time because I had all the ingredients on hand. Now I'm making it again.

The good news is that there are so many writing sites and new ones seem to be cropping up all the time. HP is still a great place and lot of fun, but we really need to diversify. I'm sure you'll do very well.

5. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Blanking new low. Seriously... Blank. Blank. And blank.

1. LeanMan profile image81
      LeanManposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Get on with those 12 domains Para.... you could have the first in its infancy today if you get yourself focused.. I have several that I am resolving to get straight this month... have to start this year well!!

6. Healthyannie profile image75
    Healthyannieposted 4 years ago

Let me know if you need any help

working