jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Republishing a Hub (Poem)

1. Polly C profile image87
    Polly Cposted 4 years ago

Somebody (not a hubber) has contacted me with regards to one of my poems which he wants to use as college material. I am competely happy with this, but he also wants to publish my poem on his blog (crediting me as the author). Is this ok or will it cause duplicate issues - or will it be ok with a link back? I realise this is not the best way to earn from it but I am mostly interested in the exposure.

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ya know.... HP will not unpublish your hub when someone "steals" it... Just saying... smile

Polly Cposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No, that's right they won't smile I had a different poem stolen once and would have been completely unaware had I not decided to check myself. Cheers smile

2. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 4 years ago

Absolutely NO! If they publish it online, it will be duplicate.

3. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 4 years ago

They could write a snippet and then put your link in the snippet, or use one of the links widgets like they have on blogger, but that is it.

Yes, I was going to go down that line but thought I would check - since it wouldn't be me publishing it and  clearly I would have published it first (it's over a year old). I've got a feeling it's already been republished once, on a Facebook page, but I can't remember who by. It's on a topical issue, so people who want to raise awareness sometimes become interested in it and I like that. Thanks, anyway smile

4. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

And as a personal note, side rant, Yahoo Voices will!!!

You mean Yahoo Voices unpublishes original work if someone steals it? That's a bit much!

working