jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (11 posts)

My own domain traffic source reading 502 views in 24 hrs, how?

1. dwachira profile image86
    dwachiraposted 4 years ago

I have been tracking my own domain traffic source views for the last 3 days and i am wondering how it can be that high. Today it has gone to a high of 502 views in the last 24 hours, i have not even stayed in my account  for an hour! What could be going on?

1. profile image0
      Lybrahposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That's awesome!  Good for you!  Let me know how you did it...you must have hit upon a hot topic to write about.

dwachiraposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No, these are views that are as a result of my activities in my own account..editing a hub, reading comment, viewing my stats etc. They don't mean anything, do they? and how can they be so high?

Checked it again, now at 557!

1. paradigmsearch profile image88
            paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You need to drop by analytics real-time. Sounds like you may be missing a real show! smile

Yes paradigmsearch, I think I need to peep on there and see what is really going on.
              Thanks.

2. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If you are referring to traffic from "dwachira.hubpages.com", generally those represent traffic from either links on your other Hubs or people clicking on a Hub from your profile page.   It's not limited to just your visits, but can be visits from anyone.

Similarly, if you see significant traffic from other HubPages subdomains (such as pauldeeds.hubpages.com), most often that indicates you are getting traffic from one of that Hubber's Hubs, either from a direct link or more often from a link in the "Discover More Hubs" section.

Hi pauldeeds,
        I didn’t know that bit of my domain traffic source representing traffic from links on other Hubs or people clicking on Hubs from my profile page. Probably that could be the case for the increase but as paradigmsearch has mentioned, I need to check on Analytics and see what is happening.
        Thanks.

1. Missy Mac profile image88
          Missy Macposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Congratulations dwachira.  I have been following you for several months and have learned many things.  I am waiting for a full approval through Adsense.  Hopefully, I can experience similar success!

Hi Missy Mac,
            It is nice to see you here, i wish you the best!

1. Missy Mac profile image88
              Missy Macposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks!

working