jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

1. redhair profile image60
    redhairposted 7 years ago

Hi folks, this is my first post, I am in the process of building a hub page and would prefer not to have google adsense on it right now.  I noticed that while I was working on it a msg came up showing me where my adsense would be.  Do I have to have this or can it be left out.  Thanks, hope not too silly a question, couldn't find the answer!  Maybe just too early, been reading lots of hubs, well done to you all, Eleanor smile

2. darkside profile image82
    darksideposted 7 years ago

It will depend on the topic you wish to write about and whether you have outbound links which could be considered commercial.

3. redhair profile image60

Hi, I would have an outbound link to my website.  I would rather not have adsense or kontera ads on it for now.  Is this possible?  My website is on learning Spanish.

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

If any of your outbound links lead to any sites that have advertising, or which sell anything, that's considered commercial and you won't be able to turn off the ads.  Even if you yourself aren't signed up for AdSense, your Hubs will run those ads as that's how HubPages pays for itself. 

You don't get Kontera ads if you don't sign up for them.  If you do sign up for Kontera, there's an option in each Hub to enable or disable those ads per Hub.

5. redhair profile image60

Thanks so much for the reply, now I am clear, hasta leugo