jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

I Need More Hub Buddies...

1. Don Bobbitt profile image94
    Don Bobbittposted 3 years ago

Write Iteresting Hubs!
    There is no overnight magic formula.

1. Simone Smith profile image91
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Don Bobbitt hit the nail on the head! There's no better way to get followers than to regularly publish high quality, interesting Hubs. big_smile

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image92
    mistyhorizon2003posted 3 years ago

When I first joined Hubpages over 4 years ago now I had no idea how it all worked, or how to get followers. I didn't even know about following other people and reading their hubs. I was pleasantly surprised when a lovely chap called 'Misha' followed me and began commenting on my writing. Before I knew it my followers went up daily, and during this time I found time to read other people's work, and when I liked what they wrote I followed them so I would be notified when they published new stuff. It just kept growing from there, and with little effort from me. Now I have around 1500 followers, and whilst I seriously doubt even a fifth of them actually get around to reading my hubs, it is still nice to see the occasional new follower and hope they simply like what I write. If you produce the quality articles the followers will come naturally.

1. DazeN808 profile image60
      DazeN808posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the info Misty. I am a newbie at this also. This keeps me inspired to keep writing on here.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image95
        Sherry Hewinsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Reading and commenting on other people's hubs and being active in Q&A and the forums also helps others get to know you. However, don't go overboard on it, just a little at a time.

1. DazeN808 profile image60
          DazeN808posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your help Sherry

1. Andy McGuire profile image85
            Andy McGuireposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Using humor for just about anything, from straight comedy to giving a serious subject a nice light-heartedness never hurt either. But even deadly serious, thought-provoking articles about little known subjects that you are passionate about will also go a long way.
            I'm new here, and what I just described is my writings (Do check them out; you'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll learn) and I'm 8 for 8 on not only getting published, but all have been "Featured" as well. I am assuming that's an achievement. I seem to be slowly building up a cult following and soon all will bow before me!
            Muahahahahahaha! Sorry, lost my composure there.