jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Do all Hubs get "featured"

1. one bright girl profile image78
    one bright girlposted 3 years ago

Hello. I just started HubPages the other day. So far, I have produced 6 hubs. All of those hubs as a "feautured" icon next to it. So I was just wondering if the majority of Hubs get the "feautured" icon. Thank you.

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Most are.   Of late about 3/4 of newly published Hubs end up being Featured.  However, a Featured Hub may lose its status after a while if it does not develop an audience.  You can learn more about the HubPages Quality Assessment Process in our Learning Center.

2. lanablackmoor profile image95
      lanablackmoorposted 3 years ago in reply to this

This should explain it, but I'll summarize below:

"Featured" just means that a Hub has passed 3 quality checks in the Quality Assessment Process. First, it's been voted as high quality by other Hubbers using the Hub Hopper. There are automatic metrics that look for spelling and grammar issues, Hubs that are too short, etc.. Finally, Hubs get re-reviewed for quality as they age.

So, essentially, the Featured aspect is a reflection of your ability to put out a Hub that meets the basic standards of good form and decent substance. If you're a good or even a decent writer, in my experience, most if not all of your Hubs will be featured. The standards aren't as high as being featured for other things like Hub of the Day, like I thought when I initially started writing Hubs.

However, a major benefit of having your Hubs featured is that they can be indexed by search engines so you have much more visibility and traffic. It's like a way of weeding out substandard Hubs. Only those that meet certain minimum qualifications get and stay featured.

I hope that helps!

2. Miller2232 profile image61
    Miller2232posted 3 years ago

The ones I have published (up to this point) have gotten the "featured" icon after the "Quality Assesment Process."

3. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

Don't know if I would say all, but I 'm guessing the percentage is pretty high. smile

Update: this is my second cross-post in a row... No Lotto tickets for me... big_smile