jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Syndicating content to/from my blog

1. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

I think all of those options would cause the hub to be flagged as duplicate content.

2. Simone Smith profile image90
    Simone Smithposted 4 years ago

That's right. The only manner in which syndication might work would be if you re-worded the posts completely, as we do not allow content that exists anywhere else online. That said, we do have many Hubbers who successfully post complementary Hubs and blog posts, so there are many ways to do this well and efficiently while still maintaining completely original content on both channels. big_smile

3. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago

Syndication (copying the same article across multiple sites) is an outdated method of self-promotion and not really worth doing.   All the reputable revenue-sharing sites insist on unique content with good reason.

If you have old blog posts that you'd like to expand, delete them from the blog, give them a few weeks to disappear from the cache, then you can publish the expanded version here without a problem.

After you've published a Hub, you could post the first few lines on your blog with a link to your Hub and it won't be a problem.  But it would be even better to write a different short intro.

Bear in mind that if you're trying to create backlinks to impress Google, Google counts only one or two links from any single domain.  So there's no point creating multiple links from your blog to your Hubs - unless you get a lot of real readers to your blog who can follow the link, but in that case you'd be better off using your Hubs to promote the blog, not vice versa.

1. Pearldiver profile image86
      Pearldiverposted 4 years ago in reply to this

+ 1
      Hope you guys are okay and not melting over there in the mid 40s... all the best with this years round of bush fires... Unbelievable how fast and strongly gum trees burn!  sad

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes I did melt last night - not a wink of sleep because the promised cool change didn't turn up till the early hours.  However no complaints - at least I'm safely in the city and not out there with the fires.  Scarey crazy weather.

1. Pearldiver profile image86
          Pearldiverposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's just starting to show up here now... always 3 days to X the Tasman... but mid 30s is not like mid 40s, so it's still perfect BBQ weather... and we only get the smoke from your fires.. which defies the terrible reality of them, by providing us awesome sunsets...

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
            Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Just heard some of your guys are arriving in Tassie today to help with the awful fires there.  Thanks!

working