jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Option: count your own pageviews or not

1. StayAwakeNow profile image59
    StayAwakeNowposted 3 years ago

Wouldn't it be cool if we had the option to choose wether we want our own pageviews to be count or not. Now if you watch your own hub every now and then, the pageviews count show an unreal amount because yours are included.

2. Simone Smith profile image91
    Simone Smithposted 3 years ago

That might be nice indeed! Of course, usually personal pageviews don't amount to all that much, proportionally speaking...

3. StayAwakeNow profile image59
    StayAwakeNowposted 3 years ago

maybe not, but I just joined hubpages so I'm having low pageviews. I think the majority of my views are my own.

4. derek gulbranson profile image81
    derek gulbransonposted 3 years ago

You can exclude your own views in Google Analytics by setting up an IP address filter on the profile.  The annoying part is having to keep it in sync with your IP address when your IP address changes. Having done it before, personally I would say it's probably not worth the effort. There's not much useful insight to be gained from metrics at the traffic levels where your own views would be a substantial portion of the Hub's traffic.

This question has come up in the forums before but changing the way Hub metrics are recorded is not something we can consider because doing so would make our data inconsistent and create anomalous comparisons with past performance.

5. Paul Maplesden profile image92
    Paul Maplesdenposted 3 years ago

There's actually another way to exclude your own impressions on Analytics and it's easier than keeping your IP address in sync, there's a hub all about how to do so right here: http://fritteritter.hubpages.com/hub/Go … -Filtering