jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Tags retired from site

1. lovebuglena profile image90
    lovebuglenaposted 4 years ago

When I go to edit my hubs or go to start a new hub I see that the keyword tags are not there and there is no option to add them. Is this only happening to me? Or is this a new change on HubPages that I don't know about?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image79
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Tags were retired.   You can learn more here:

http://blog.hubpages.com/2012/12/phasin … s-capsule/

2. rontlog profile image87
    rontlogposted 4 years ago

It is a new change, apparently Hubpages decides what the tags are for you.  I didn't like the idea at first, but for me it was a good thing as after the change, I noticed my traffic went up. I guess I hadn't used the best tags smile
    You can still see which keywords people are searching for which leads them to your hubs. If you don't know how to do this......Go to your list of hubs, click on a hub, at the top comes a row of options, eg edit if you want to edit your hub, or traffic for the day, week, months each, plus a search option. This shows the list of keywords that people have typed in. I am glad they kept this as I use it to generate new hub ideas.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Probably coincidence, because tags on HubPages were never the same as tags on blogs, and were invisible to search engines.  They were only used for some internal features within HP which are now done another way.

3. lovebuglena profile image90
    lovebuglenaposted 4 years ago

Thank you for the info guys... Sometimes it is hard to figure out exactly which keywords to tag to the hubs so having it done automatically for us seems like a good idea. Whether that will benefit us in terms of traffic is yet to be seen.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It won't make any difference whatsoever because tags are and always have been invisible to search engines.

Most people read about "tags" on other blogs and assume tags on HubPages work the same way.  They don't.

4. profile image0
    alwaysamberposted 4 years ago

I asked the same question not long ago and was told that tags are no longer used.

working