jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (17 posts)

Looks like Bill Maher put his foot in it...

1. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

"Trump proves he's not an orangutan, demands his $5M from Bill Maher"

http://now.msn.com/donald-trump-sends-b … -challenge

It is my understanding that verbal contracts are generally binding. All that remains to be seen is if this one is...

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No, Trump is an idiot...

1. bBerean profile image61
        bBereanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

How so?  Explain please.

id·i·ot  (d-t)
        n.
        1. A foolish or stupid person.
        2. A person of profound mental retardation having a mental age below three years and generally being unable to learn connected speech or guard against common dangers. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image60
          MelissaBarrettposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yep.  That's what she said.

Are we posting random dictionary definitions along with random bible verses now?

How was that a random definition? 

Rarely have I ever posted a bible verse.  The few times I have it has either been solicited by someone saying "show me where it says", or very specific to the conversation, so where did that remark come from? 

I commented because, just as Maher constantly throws out insults, misusing "moron", "idiot", etc, UW was doing the same.

My response to UW was polite and appropriate.  What was with your response, Melissa?

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

Well, a contract would have two people and be serious.  I doubt stand-up routines count.

paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

They do, actually. Ask Johnny Carson, of course you'll have to dig him up first...

1. psycheskinner profile image81
        psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Do you have an example/link.  Because I can't think of a way for a contract to be made other than by the agreement of both parties, both being present in the same room.

Carson actually made an agreement with people in the room--it was clearly an actual business issue with no potential to be hyperbole or a joke.

I found the tape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvrrm3i2Lfo

Now I think it was a prearranged publicity stunt. I'm thinking the donations were already planned, and Bill, or possibly both Bill and Donald, decided to get some mileage out of it. Kudos to both. smile

2. paradigmsearch profile image88

And if this didn't happen to be a publicity stunt, then as to the legal aspect...

Bill made an offer to Donald. Donald accepted Bill's offer. That is a contract. Case closed.

And until an attorney comes on here and tells me otherwise, that's the way it is...

2. paradigmsearch profile image88

Here's more info.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 … 5-million/

It is my guess that virtually any lawyer could make this actionable. As to the eventually outcome...

3. SoundNFury profile image85
    SoundNFuryposted 4 years ago

Just when you thought Donald Trump couldn't get any douchier....

For all we know, the 2 got together, picked 5 charities, and kicked in 2.5M each. Only the IRS will know for sure... lol

4. EsmeSanBona profile image87
    EsmeSanBonaposted 4 years ago

What proof did Trump provide other than a birth certificate?  A DNA report?  Humans and orangutans share 97 percent DNA.  I guess that 3 percent is pretty important.

But, how can Trump prove that he is  not some sort of hybrid or something?  I guess DNA would rule that out as well, unless the project covered under the CIA's black budget and documents are forged. 

How would Trump prove that isn't true?  I mean seriously, he has to "prove" this case and I'm assuming he must prove it Mahr since he  issued the challenge.  What's to prevent Mahr from finding Trump's evidence is inconclusive?

5. paradigmsearch profile image88

Yes, sports fans. It continues... lol

"Donald Trump goes ape, will sue Bill Maher for $5 million"

http://now.msn.com/donald-trump-says-he … r5-million

A contract? Or not a contract? That is the question...

Hilarious.  Refreshing to see Maher held accountable for once.  I hope Trump makes sure the charities that get funded are for causes Maher opposes.  Perhaps a Christian group, a right to life group and the NRA.  lol

I have a feeling Trump knows his way around a contract a bit better than Maher, so the smart money is on Trump.

6. paradigmsearch profile image88

The media is piling on. Another slant...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/tru … 38270.html

working