jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

RESOLVED: Newly added Hub and search engine results

1. 95
    Robbie C Wilsonposted 3 years ago

Not sure if anyone else has had a similar issue, I published five hubs around the 27th to the 28th of December. All five are featured hubs, however, three of the five do not appear in any search engines I have tried (I tried Google and Bing). This is unusual as I have not had any other featured hub not appear in a search engine after it has been created. Is anyone else experiencing this?

2. Simone Smith profile image91
    Simone Smithposted 3 years ago

Sometimes there is a delay in Google indexing a Hub because it has not crawled it in a while. You can see when a Hub was last crawled by opening the stats for a particular Hub and going to the Search tab.

Sometimes there is also a delay between when a search engine crawls a Hub and actually adds it to the index, so this is by no means out of the question either.

3. brakel2 profile image87
    brakel2posted 3 years ago via iphone

My new ones in December took two to four weeks, so don't give up. Good luck. Don't check every day like I did. It becomes obsessive.

4. NotPC profile image59
    NotPCposted 3 years ago

Writing awesome articles for HubPages is a very time consuming process. It's usually best to write a hub and then forget about it for a month or so. Best of luck to you!

5. 95

Thanks everyone for your responses. I will do as a you suggest, NotPC and Brakel2 and just forget it for a few weeks and not worry about it. It can become obsessive can't it as it is time consuming to create hubs. Takes me 3 - 4 hours so I can get a little over attached to them.

6. 95

Just an update on my original question. My hubs appeared in the search engines just as predicted. Thanks for your support and suggestions, particularly around not checking each day. Happy Days!

Closed to reply