Suggestion: Suggestions.

1. mattforte profile image93
    mattforteposted 3 years ago

I have found the hub topic structure to be incredibly lacking. I understand that having limited selections increases organization, a good alternative to spammy looking article directories with hundreds of topics loaded with thousands of sub-topics - but we could certainly use a few more than what we have. I find myself struggling to find the right fit (and settling on a main topic, ignoring the subs) far more often than not.
    So my suggestion is to make a "suggestion box" of sorts on the new hub creation page. I know that with thousands of new suggestions every day would be a pain in the butt to deal with - but that could be remedied with a simple "voting" system, so the staff doesn't even get notified of a new topic suggestion until it has reached a minimum threshhold of people suggesting the same topic.
    Then, we would still choose one of the available topics - but be notified if one of our suggested topics gets activated, allowing us to migrate our hub over to that topic.

I understand that last part might be quite a task to code, but the suggestion box itself would be relatively simple...just throwing the suggestions into a database somewhere that can be easily managed.

Just sayin, it'd be nice.

2. Simone Smith profile image92
    Simone Smithposted 3 years ago

We're actually in the midst of a Topic expansion project right now, though it takes a lot of time and effort to flesh out our leaf-level Topic pages.

We did have special channels through which Hubbers could recommend new Topics in the past, but those suggestions tended to be few and far bateen (and most were no coherent), so we now think that the best channel is to just recommend a new Topic via the Forums. big_smile

Please do recommend any Topics you think we might add- and if you want to be super awesome, provide a custom description for it, too! It would help us a ton.

1. mattforte profile image93
      mattforteposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Sweet. +1