jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

How do I create an internal link that links to another point within

1. NotPC profile image60
    NotPCposted 3 years ago

the same hub. I can't seem to find any info on how to do this in HubPages. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. SimeyC profile image87
    SimeyCposted 3 years ago

1) Add a link module or create a link within text:
    2) Add links in the format  'http://hubpages.com/hub/Hubname#mod_xxxxxxx'
    3) Change the description as required.

How do I get the #mod number?

The #mod number is a number that is assigned to every module that you insert in a hub.
    Using Internet Explorer - go to your hub:
    1) Click on View Source
    2) Scroll down the source until you find your introduction text. Look for code like:

div class="modfloat full"><div id="mod_20494979" class="module moduleText color0"

Each one of these is a module - look for some text above or below it that you recognize and you should be able to find the relevant module - it's trial and error at times but effective.

In the case above it would become:  http://hubpages.com/hub/Hubname@mod_20494979

1. NotPC profile image60
      NotPCposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the help!

1. NateB11 profile image92
        NateB11posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Just want to add that when you are in the <view page source> box, if you hit control and the F key, a box will appear in which you can type text to locate the  module. How I usually do it is I find text in the capsule near the beginning of the capsule, then type that text into the box that comes up after hitting the control F thing. It will bring you to that part of the capsule then you've just got to look for the mod_xxxxxxx that comes before it.

3. azahorik profile image94
    azahorikposted 3 years ago

Thanks, I'd been wondering that myself so I could create internal links to footnotes.  Seems to have worked. smile