jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

EBay Program

1. profile image0
    alwaysamberposted 4 years ago

When I look under my earnings tab, it says that my EBay program is not active. How do I go about getting this started?

1. cprice75 profile image83
      cprice75posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Do you have the other earning programs set up yet?

1. profile image0
        alwaysamberposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Not exactly sure how to do that.

2. Simone Smith profile image91
    Simone Smithposted 4 years ago
  3. profile image0

Thank you! smile

4. profile image0

No wonder I can't apply for the EBay program. It's because I keep getting denied by AdSense sad

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You've been here only 3 weeks, so don't get discouraged about Adsense.  Adsense wants to be convinced you're a quality writer before they'll approve you. You've got over 20 Hubs now, so it would be worth applying again.   Just check to make sure you followed HubPages' instructions for applying to the letter - if you used the wrong URL, for instance, you may never get approved. 

Before you do that, though, you need to fix up your Hubs.   It looks like you don't understand about photo copyright and you are using photos illegally.  It's not enough to credit where you got a photo from - you must  check to see whether that site allows you to use it.   

The rule is - ALL photos on the internet are copyright unless clearly stated otherwise.  If you're allowed to use a photo, it will say so somewhere on the site - it will say "Creative Commons Licensed" or "Some Rights Reserved" or "Public Domain".    If there's no notation, the photo is not legal to use.

I wrote a Hub on how to use Flickr photos - you'll find it in the slider in my profile.

1. profile image0

Thanks so much Maris! Very helpful. I'm going to tweak some things. Also, I just applied again, but got denied. After I tweak, I'm going to try again..perhaps tomorrow. Thanks so much for your help!

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
          Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Personally I'm not convinced that Google checks, but others have claimed that having "illegal" photos will count against you.  So I'd get that sorted first, just in case.

1. profile image0

I'm working on it now. Thanks again for your help . I appreciate it so much smile

2. brakel2 profile image86
      brakel2posted 4 years ago via iphone

Another good site is morguefile.com. Select photo and find license. Most allow commercial use

working