jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Globalization, For or Against

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

The world is becoming ever increasingly globalized.  Nations no longer think by their own natural parameters.   Nations are beginning to views themselves as part of the whole.    President Obama maintained that Americans have to start thinking and acting globally if they are going to progress and thrive as a nation.    While some people welcome globalization, there are others who view the prospect of globalization quite negatively.   They feel that with globalization, national barriers will blur and become nonexistent.   There are still those who believe that globalization is the harbinger of a New World Order.    What is YOUR opinion regarding globalization?

1. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Individuality is a sweet and wonderful thing.
      Do you want to be just one of a global crowd, or do you want to retain your own individuality on a personal basis and perhaps National basis?
      I don't mind being one of a crowd of Americans, but the key word is Americans.   I'm not a citizen of any other Country and can't think of any reason I would want to be.

2. 59
      lifegamerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Humans thinking of themselves as part of the cosmology, rather than 'supreme' & separate from it...Hmmm...I believe that would be "a giant leap for mankind" right here on Home ground...Notions truly worthy of 'Global Celebration'.

Sure would please my eyes to see the barriers & borders come down, so All can determine how the next page of history will read...A New Cultural Story, perhaps.(?)  Wisdoms unleashed...People, vs. mgmt.coups, talking peace, moving forward...face to face...mano y mano.

Is that Freedom I hear ringing my Soul Sounds?  heehee...Yes, indeed!...After the chaos/fear part of 'new beginnings on new roads' has had its relay run, of course...always an interesting step of fresh-born endeavors, no doubt!

I Am here for this moment, & so far, it has yet to be less than Amazing. smile

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 3 years ago

Good for the capitalists. Means the lowest paid workers in the world get a lot of jobs. Not so much for people with higher standards of living who need off-shored jobs.

3. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 3 years ago

Globalisation would please me if it were about ethics. By that I mean, if globalisation was about ensuring that the poorest people in the world were permitted the same human rights, dignity and respect as the rest of us, then it would be a good thing. Unfortunately however, it's about ensuring that the uber rich are able to exploit the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in the world for their own personal gain. So no, I'm opposed.

4. tussin profile image61
    tussinposted 3 years ago

It's funny that people are afraid of nations' boundaries dissolving.  Every few years a country splits in half or some region separates to become its own country.  When is the last time two countries merged? If anything, it's becoming slightly more fractured.

5. tammybarnette profile image60
    tammybarnetteposted 3 years ago

I love the "idea" of a world of equals and equal opportunities, of learning from one another's cultures and philosophies, of a world that unites for the goal of the good of mankind, united efforts in maintaining and nurturing our planet. However, the idea shatters at the truth of power mongoring and greed and exponential levels of growth in class division as the elite groups join and morph into a one world government and power.