jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

What's going on with the forums?

1. brimancandy profile image82
    brimancandyposted 4 years ago

I have been posting comments in the forums, and for some reason, when I try to reply to a post, it jumps to another window, or will not allow me to reply to another hubber's comment. I also tried to edit a post, and it did the same thing. When I finished the edit, I received a red message saying that my post was identical to one that I had already posted. Is there a reason for this?

The edit was also done in aanother window. Never had this happen before. Is this something new?

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
      mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Try a different browser to see if that makes any difference to what you see on screen. You might see your comment is already visible but you couldn't see it on your previous browser. Apparently Firefox is supposed to work best with Hubpages as far as I recall.

1. brimancandy profile image82
        brimancandyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Weird. I changes to Chronological, and the posts I made before ended up as a quote.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
          mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Very weird, can't explain that one.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

@brimancandy There was an issue related to forum comments that we addressed.  The issue seemed to affect Webkit primarily, so Safari and Chrome were affected.  Try these steps, perhaps try another browser (like Firefox) and let us know if the problem persists.
      http://matthewmeyer.hubpages.com/hub/Di … r-problems

2. 0
    alwaysamberposted 4 years ago via iphone

That is very strange. Never had that happen before. Hopefully it gets straightened out for you. sad

3. expertscolumn profile image80
    expertscolumnposted 4 years ago

Make sure your adblockers are disabled. Additionally try changing your forum view from Threaded to Chronological top right.

4. A Driveby Quipper profile image59
    A Driveby Quipperposted 4 years ago

Glitch?

1. viryabo profile image86
      viryaboposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Likely.

5. Paul Bunton profile image60
    Paul Buntonposted 4 years ago

Too lIKELY!!

working