jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Anyone have any ideas why traffic and earnings are dropping?

1. moonlake profile image89
    moonlakeposted 3 years ago

On Jan 6 my traffic was very good for me from that day on it's dropped and earnings have dropped.
    During the holidays I could understand less traffic but now I don't get it.

2. tillsontitan profile image91
    tillsontitanposted 3 years ago

I really can't answer your question with a concrete explanation Moonlake, but I can say my traffic bounces around, even when its not a holiday.  It'll run really good for a while and then it seems like my hubs fell off the face of the earth.  Then it'll pick up again.  It seems people are fickle.  I don't know how much your traffice has fallen off or for how long but my 'slumps' usually last a week or two.

3. Greekgeek profile image98
    Greekgeekposted 3 years ago

Traffic, like traffic on real roads, fluctuates. Different topics trend at different times.  I always get a traffic drop on the weekends, whereas other writers report traffic drops during the week and higher traffic on the weekends. My traffic sags during the summer, when other people's doesn't.

When I see a traffic drop for several days -- long enough to be a trend -- on my own hubs, I check quantcast.com to see if it's sitewide or just me. Also I check places like searchengineland.com to learn if there's been a major Google update.

Sometimes I'll find that it's just me, and then it rebounds on its own. Other times it'll be a Google update impacting HP across the board, and then there's nothing to do but wait it out until the next major update.

FWIW, my traffic is coming back up from the usual holiday slump, and earnings look normal for me.

4. OldRoses profile image84
    OldRosesposted 3 years ago

Have you published any hubs lately?  My experience has been that my traffic goes up on the days that I publish new hubs and down on days when I don't publish anything.  If I don't publish hubs for a few days or weeks, my traffic dwindles to almost nothing.

5. moonlake profile image89
    moonlakeposted 3 years ago

Traffic has been lower for about 6 days now. Earnings pretty close to half of what they were.
    I published a hub on Jan 2nd. Now I have no time to do more.
    I was wondering if Google had an update.
    Just wait it out I guess. Thanks everyone.

1. tillsontitan profile image91
      tillsontitanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hope things start looking up soon moonlake....I'm sure they will, we all know what great stuff you have.

6. 0
    Miriam Weissmannposted 3 years ago

Views on my Avon blog increased on December 27th., but I can't find any info connected to that date. Browsing the web, I gather there could have been an update on January 3rd., but I can't establish what kind and didn't notice a change.