jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

referring a friend to hubpages

1. simondixie profile image87
    simondixieposted 3 years ago

I have a friend who is interested in joining hubpages. I have read the "learning Center" direction---I'm embarrassed but I still don't understand the steps in the referral process--so that I receive credit. Please help.

2. 2uesday profile image88
    2uesdayposted 3 years ago

The referral trackers section (the place to find your referral tracker or to make a new one) is found by going to your accounts page.

Click on the earnings heading, then on the left side click referral trackers. You need to scroll down if you want to make a new one, one is already allocated to you.

You need to add this tracker to a link if someone is signing up with you as the referrer.

You can add a signing up link to your 'bio' on your profile page. Probably the best page to use for a link on your profile is the sign up page (you might have to sign out to see that page).

How to place the referral tracker into a link is probably covered in the Learning Center info.

BTW - You need to add the tracker in the right place in the link.
    Hope this helps it is difficult to explain but easy once you have done it once.

If this is wrong or out of date can someone please add the relevant info for the OP, thanks.

BTW If you add a widget to a webpage or blog it has your referral tracker in the code already.

1. simondixie profile image87
      simondixieposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks---this helps---I have the code, tracker, etc. Now just not sure where to place it so he can sign up under me...this helps though

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image93
        mistyhorizon2003posted 3 years ago in reply to this
  3. Simone Smith profile image92
    Simone Smithposted 3 years ago

One really way to approach it is to:
    1. Scroll to the bottom of the homepage and click on "link to this page" in the footer
    2. Select the URL tracker you would like to use
    3. Send that link to your friend (it has the tracker built in)
    4. Ask your friend to sign up by following that link

Hope that helps! big_smile