jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Key words

1. cre8ivOne profile image80
    cre8ivOneposted 4 years ago

I have not written a Hub in a few months and I just noticed I had published a Hub without any key words.  the reason I didn't add any was because I didn't find them as an option when I was creating the document.  Where have they gone?

1. Abbasangel profile image82
      Abbasangelposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I noticed this too, so, I have been ensuring my URL has key words in it, by editing it after I name my hub, so the title is fairly clean but keyword word pack ed and then the URL is more so and ensuring good keyword flow through the  hub if and where possible, also using more text capsules with specific titles. I however would love to know where the keyword box has gone too.

2. 2uesday profile image87
    2uesdayposted 4 years ago

I believe the feature you are referring to has been removed by Hubpages and they add the 'tags' automatically. There is a post about it somewhere maybe in their blog or a forum but it was weeks ago.

3. Sally's Trove profile image98
    Sally's Troveposted 4 years ago

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/107549

Then follow the link to the blog post about getting rid of RSS and tags.

Key words are not tags. It's important to know the difference.

4. cre8ivOne profile image80
    cre8ivOneposted 4 years ago

Thanks Sally,
    Seems that I will be okay!  Got worried for a bit thinking traffic would fall dramatically.

1. Sally's Trove profile image98
      Sally's Troveposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Traffic on HP can fall dramatically having nothing to do, often, with what you do or don't do. It's the nature of the content farm game. Keep writing if you like what you are doing and are not depending on HP for an income. smile

1. cre8ivOne profile image80
        cre8ivOneposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Sally,
        I have not earned enough for any kind of pay so yes, I do enjoy doing this for the pure joy of people reading and enjoying what I do.

working