jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Copied Hub: The Aftermath

1. Judi Bee profile image88
    Judi Beeposted 4 years ago

One of my hubs was copied on Tumblr.  I found it in early December (though it had been posted there in May), notified Tumblr and they removed it very quickly.  However, I noticed today that if I copy a few sentences from that hub into Google search (my very technical method of detecting copies) my hub is not returned in the search at all.  Instead, sitting at No.1 is Tumblr, albeit a cached copy. 

So, how long will it take to get rid of the copy cat's cached duplicate, and why is Google completely banishing my hub from the search results?

2. mybestreviews profile image82
    mybestreviewsposted 4 years ago

You can request, through this link, for Google to remove the cached copy.

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/removals

3. mybestreviews profile image82
    mybestreviewsposted 4 years ago

Yes, you can do this to anybody's web page. As long as the cached page is not accurate. Since the live page no longer exists, the cached copy is not accurate and will be removed. From my experience, usually takes less than 48 hours.

Judi Beeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Cool, I'll do that then.  Incidentally, I can't see my last post on this thread - but you've just answered my question, so you must be seeing it!

1. mybestreviews profile image82
        mybestreviewsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Odd thing is that I did see a second post from you and no longer see it either.

Judi Beeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh my - are Google gradually deleting me?  First my hubs and then my posts... big_smile

Thanks for your help!

working