jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Learning Center for Dummies

1. 0
    Lybrahposted 3 years ago

Ok, I've been to the learning center several times.  I'm not getting it.  I seriously really need somebody to explicitly tell  me in steps how to add a back-link, or whatever.  I need to get people outside of Hubpages to read my hubs!

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Go to, say, your own facebook account.  Set it to "public" and make a comment about how great this article is or how hard you worked on it, depending on who reads your posts.  Include a link to the hub in the comment.  Do the same on your own Pinterest account, assuming your hub has a nice photo in it.

Voila!  You have just made two backlinks to your hub. 

A backlink is nothing more than a link posted somewhere on the net that points to your hub, that clicking the link will result in going to your hub.

In general, though, they aren't worth much in terms of traffic.  What you need is a thousand people that liked your hub enough to post their own links to your hub - organic backlinks, posted by someone besides you.

Read Wrylilts set of hubs on Pinterest; it's all about getting organic backlinks on Pinterest and can result in good traffic, depending on the suitability of the hub.  I find that some topics work, some don't there.

1. 0
        Lybrahposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the reply.  How do I make sure my hub topics come up in Google searches?

1. wilderness profile image96
          wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

"Topics"?  You don't.  You can try to make sure your specific hubs come up in searches; study the subject of SEO in the learning center and hundreds of hubs.  Understand keywords, the keyword tool and how it all fits together.  Read Darkside's hubs on the subject. 

This is not a subject that you will become expert in overnight; it will take days or weeks of study to gain the fundamentals.  Nor will you find agreement everywhere; you will have to read a few dozen opinions and choose what you wish to believe as no one knows what google is actually looking for or how sites are ranked.