jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (18 posts)

Idled hubs and ConstantContent

1. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 3 years ago

Anyone moved idled hubs to CC?  If I do that, how long should I wait between deleting here and submitting there? Thanks!

1. GA Anderson profile image87
      GA Andersonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Greetings Habee,
      You can submit your deleted URL to Google webmasters tools and it only takes approx. 24hrs for it to disappear from index and cache - then you can submit to CC

1. sen.sush23 profile image59
        sen.sush23posted 3 years ago in reply to this

This is very helpful information. I was just wondering. Now I think I can put up some of my hubs for sale. smile

2. Patkay profile image87
      Patkayposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Someone, tell me which other site I can take my idled hubs?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Anywhere you like, but you have to wait until they have completely disappeared from Google search results.  If you're not sure how to check that, the simplest solution is to wait a month.  I know that sounds like a long time, but personally I find I have lots of other things to do in the meantime.

2. Don Bobbitt profile image94
    Don Bobbittposted 3 years ago

habee, Good question. If I remember the HP rules from years ago, we are "not allowed to publish our content on other sites if we publish on HP."
    When I deleted an old Hub last week, there wasa statement that came up that it would be deleted from HP within 24-hours. And it was. So, I am assuming that you are within the rules once they delete your hub, or 24-hours later.
    They do mention that they will keep an "archived copy"  for a certain period of time, in case you change your mind.
    So, with all of this, I am taking their 24-hours as the point that I can re-use my IDLED Hubs with another site.

1. Simone Smith profile image91
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I say that's a good way to go, though keep in mind that if another site to which you are uploading content also has rules about duplicate content, it may take several days before their internal checks realize that the content is no longer published elsewhere.
      I would recommend waiting around a week to be on the safe side. smile

1. Don Bobbitt profile image94
        Don Bobbittposted 3 years ago in reply to this

good Point Silmone. If your works are prolific and wide spread, your problem can turn into a chore.

3. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 3 years ago

Thanks, guys! I only have a few idled hubs, and most can find homes on my blogs. I think I'll submit the "orphans" to CC.

4. CASE1WORKER profile image85
    CASE1WORKERposted 3 years ago

I wait ages too ( at least one month and it seems to work)

5. 0
    Miriam Weissmannposted 3 years ago

I'm new to HubPages but not new to the web. I always deindex on Google webmaster tools as suggested by GA Anderson above. That way you know when the articles are definitely deindexed and it only takes about 24 hours till they are. It's a waste of time to wait a month or whatever it is if you ask me, especially if you've already got somewhere else to put your hubs.

6. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 3 years ago

Unless things have changed over at CC, you can't delete your hubs over there. They keep them.  Hope that has changed.

7. Grant's World profile image78
    Grant's Worldposted 3 years ago

Soooooooooooo what is CC short for? 

I have been deleting hubs recently and just waited the 24hrs until they were deleted here before I posted them on another site.

1. 0
      Bronwyn J Hansenposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Constant Content... as mentioned in the OP. First I have heard of them, too. Are they any good?

1. Grant's World profile image78
        Grant's Worldposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Bronwyn I am going to check that site out.

8. Lohrainne Janell profile image85
    Lohrainne Janellposted 3 years ago

What is the url for Constant Content?  I went to www.constantcontent.com and it was for sale.  Thanks.

9. Kangaroo_Jase profile image80
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 3 years ago

This is the web address

10. fildi profile image60
    fildiposted 3 years ago

You could try Squidoo, or are people over here not too fond of that site. There seem to be a few similarities between here and there.