jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Issues related to what images are pinnable from Hubs

1. wqaindia profile image56
    wqaindiaposted 3 years ago

I have joined HP recently and images are inserted in the hubs. Some of the images are clickable to be pinned along with text  and some images can not be pinned. In my pin rest account the logo image of the HP appears instead of images used in the hubs. It is with some of the images only. Have you experience such problem?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

We also only offer images to be pinned over a certain size (see size below and in FAQ), so you might be able to upload a larger image.

From the FAQ:
      "There needs to be at least one image (at least 200 pixels wide and at least 150 pixels tall) in a Hub for a 'Pin It' button to appear. The thumbnail from a (HubPages hosted) video counts as an image."

Typically the first image of a sufficient size is what ends up being pinned through the pin-it button on a Hub.

If you would like to have more options for the pinned image, you might want to use a browser plugin or bookmarklet as many allow selection from multiple images in the content.

You might find one for Firefox here:
      https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefo … rm=windows

2. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 3 years ago

3. wilderness profile image97
    wildernessposted 3 years ago

The only time I've seen that is if the image is too new.  Either the hub is new or the image has recently been edited into the hub.  Same thing for Facebook and G+, too.

It seems to take some time - a half day or a day - for those other sites to "see" a new image.

1. wqaindia profile image56
      wqaindiaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I am keeping the images under watch. But three hubs loaded simultaneously and one image is available in pin rest profile and other images are that HP logo. Thanks for sparing time. Let us see if the images appear after 2-3 days .See you after 5 days.

1. janderson99 profile image86
        janderson99posted 3 years ago in reply to this

If you use Mozilla there is an addon that adds a pinterest link to right-click. Any image any time.

1. Sally's Trove profile image100
          Sally's Troveposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Likewise with Chrome, although the process is a little different. The point is that you can select images from the page to pin.