jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Is this hub arrogant/racist?

1. mercuryservices profile image90
    mercuryservicesposted 4 years ago

I'm preparing to move to Hawaii in April, so I've been reading about it and considering all the pros and cons.   A Hawaiian lady became extremely upset about the hub and said that I was being arrogant and racist.  (Her comments are at the bottom.)  Do you think I'm coming across as arrogant in this hub?  I'm thinking about unpublishing it, but maybe some people would find it useful.  What do you think?

http://mercuryservices.hubpages.com/vid … -to-Hawaii

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think you've put this forum question in the wrong area.  It should be in "Improving Your Hub"...where linking to your hub is legal.  It is not legal to do so here.

mercuryservicesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Got it, thanks.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

The hub has been unpublished, so apparently there was something wrong with it.

Yeah, someone convinced me that it could come across as too negative and needed work so I decided it wasn't worth the overhaul.  Thanks for trying to check it out though.

3. psycheskinner profile image80

I looked at the hub and while the hub content is borderline, you response to the commenter was, in my opinion, directly insulting with racial elements in the mix. I would suggest cutting your losses rather than pursuing any racial comments in that hub.

I've learned my lesson to never mention the word "haole".  I didn't intend to sound racist at all and was genuinely confused by the response.

4. psycheskinner profile image80

Race issues are a minefield.

5. Running Young profile image61
    Running Youngposted 4 years ago

yeah. it's now unpublished.

1. psycheskinner profile image80
      psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The hubber has already explained that he chose to unpublish it.

6. Astra Nomik profile image81
    Astra Nomikposted 4 years ago

Hawaii is a very beautiful country. There some very wonderful people living and working there, including hubbers.

working