DCMA

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Tess45 profile image72
    Tess45posted 11 years ago

My hub article Vintage Sizing vs. Modern Sizing has been plagiarized twice. I just file my second DCMA with Google.  If you go to my article you will see I have links to other hubpage article. If I have linked to your article you may want to check and see anyone has stolen your articles as well. If you need to file a DCMA, here is the link.: www.google.com/support/go/legal
    Thank you!

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I hope you informed those hubbers prior to linking to their articles.  If not, this is something all of us should always do as a matter of courtesy, and for this exact reason.  Someone who doesn't read this forum may wind up with problems because you may and probably did link without permission.  It's bad enough your stuff was stolen, now they've got issues also.

Tess45posted 11 years agoin reply to this

No, I used the suggest links in the hub building tool to drive readers to their articles. You even get hubkarma points for doing it. Not only is it encouraged; it's  rewarded.

2. Marisa Wright profile image85
        Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Eh?  What?  I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about.

Which part?

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
            mistyhorizon2003posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I believe what Marisa is referring to is the assumption by the previous poster that it is a courtesy to get permission before linking to someone's article, when in actual fact you WANT people to link to your articles and it is a big compliment if they do, plus a brilliant traffic booster (think organic backlinks). Apart from anything else it would be impossible to ask every site you ever linked to for 'permission' to link to their site. It is very odd that anyone would think you should ask permission before linking to someone's article.

PS. HubKarma has long since been dispensed with as it was ultimately considered by the masses to be completely pointless. With regards to the 'Suggest Links' feature most people seem to avoid using it now in order to avoid problems with driving traffic away from their own sub domains, and having to constantly remove 'broken links' caused when people delete or remove hubs from this site. Regarding the removal of 'HubKarma' you might find the following thread useful:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/78000

Well at any point, I added those links very early in my hubbing when it was part of the experience and permission was not needed and linking to other hubbers was  encouraged. I thought it was a nice way to build a community.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
                mistyhorizon2003posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Marisa was commenting on Timetraveler2's post, hence why it was quoted in her comment. Her comment really wasn't aimed at you at all.

Btw, you still don't need permission to link to anyone's article at all, 99% of people are delighted to get as many organic backlinks as possible because it draws in traffic for them. The suggest links feature was never going to 'build a community' though, not least because people whose hubs you link to have no way of knowing you have linked to them unless you tell them or someone else does. All you do is take traffic away from your hubs and send it to theirs instead = lower income for you, higher income for them.

2. Marisa Wright profile image85

Permission is still not needed.  Any time you link to someone else's Hub, you're doing them a huge favour and if they feel offended by it, they're idiots!   As Misty explained, if you link to someone's Hub, they should be delighted.  That's why I replied to TimeTraveller's post asking for clarification, because it made no sense to me.

If you're reading the forum in chronological mode, you should be able to see that I quoted TimeTraveller's post and replied to it specifically. If you're reading the forum in threaded mode, the indents tell you who I was replying to.

I understand how to read the forum.

1. Marisa Wright profile image85

Sorry, just trying to help.  It looked like you had misunderstood who I was replying to.  Obviously that wasn't the case.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

*DMCA (digital millennium copyright act)

3. lobobrandon profile image87
    lobobrandonposted 11 years ago

Just checked 2 of my best hubs, filed one DMCA against a blogger blog and one for the other hub against 5 URL's...

One of my real life friends who is also a hubber  found one of her article was plagiarized as well. It's ridiculous. Do people honestly think it's OK to steal intellectual property just because it's on the web? It's good practice to regularly check your hubs. Usually it's your most popular hubs that get stolen.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)