jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Please critique my hub

1. Paul Maplesden profile image88
    Paul Maplesdenposted 4 years ago

Hi folks,

I've written a few hubs and I am going through and polishing them. I have just completed a polish on one and would very much appreciate your feedback. Please let me know what you think of the quality of the hub at the moment and any specific things that I could do to improve it.

Thank you very much.

The hub is here: http://paulmaplesden.hubpages.com/hub/A … ite-Online

1. MelissaBarrett profile image60
      MelissaBarrettposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's duplicate content.

Paul Maplesdenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's not intentionally duplicate, it was just intended to provide an overview and people that I've shared it with on social media have found it helpful. I agree though that a more specific approach would be useful and I'll write future hubs with that in mind. Did you have any further feeback on layout etc or other ways the hub could be improved please?

No... I mean parts of the hub are word for word duplicate content.

Please remember that even if you wrote the content it is still possible to plagerize yourself by using it elsewhere.

Ah, OK - I did share some of the content on Google+ to promote it which I'm guessing is where the duplication comes from - I will revise the content in the hub. Thanks for the heads up!

No problem.

Otherwise it looks good.

2. B. Leekley profile image86
    B. Leekleyposted 4 years ago

I'm no hubbing expert. To me it looked OK. If I had seen it while hub hopping, I would have given it a 10-10-10.  The English looks good, the layout looks good, the content is interesting and useful. I especially liked the graphic that summarizes your main points.

My only criticism is that my impression is that it gives the same general advice that many other hubs give. I have a lot of similar hubs bookmarked that are at least as well researched, written, and presented as yours. Personally I'd like to see something less general, less of a quick guide, and more particular.

Also I wonder if the title could be shortened.and in the process made even better.  I don't practice what I preach, as my titles tend to be long, too.

Thanks for the comment, I agree that it's fairly general (it was my first foray into writing a hub) - I was really interested in feedback on look, feel etc. I will try for something more specific next time.

Closed to reply

working