What do Hubbers usually do with poetry?

1. Robin Layne profile image79
    Robin Layneposted 7 years ago

When looking at the requests, I came upon the following one:

Can you post your poems in Lita Sorensen's Random Poetry Thirty-Day Challenge as answers to this Request? That way we'll have them all linked, and can access each other's easily. Thanks!

I checked it out, thinking that it would help Hubbers create links to their poems, and/or have a chance to write new poems and post them, and all I got was someone's profile. I have written a lot of poetry and would be interested in knowing what the place of poetry is on HubPages. I have so far only included one poem within an article on the poems' subject (cats), and got some good responses. How can I use poetry more to improve Hubs? Are there Hubs that are purely poetry? I want to know stuff like that.

2. Mike Kage profile image60
    Mike Kageposted 7 years ago

I have 2 poetry Hubs and I'm not too sure what the consensus amongst other Hubbers is, as there are no comments.  I have seen some other poetry as well here on HubPages, and some of it was quite good.  As far as its place here?  The Hubs are yours to write, or not to write.  When I compse it's because I need to get something on "paper"; I write for the love of the written word.  My poetry has been visciously slammed at other publishing places, and that's a good thing.  It's also been lauded, and that's equally good.  Write what YOU want because YOU want to write it.  Write what's on your mind, in your heart, and going on in your life.

Just write it!

3. Robin Layne profile image79
    Robin Layneposted 7 years ago

Thanks, Mike. I originally thought HubPages was just for nonfiction articles, but I am learning that isn't always the case. I think I saw someone serializing a novel or something on the site. I write when I have the urge myself, but I'm careful about what I publish. I want it to be quality and of interest to the audience.