jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Add a Title Tuner Link to -Start a New Hub Hub- Page

1. janderson99 profile image85
    janderson99posted 3 years ago

Its a tragedy when authors create fabulous articles but don't choose their titles so that they will be competitive and hubs get idled due to low traffic. This is a huge topic with many tools available such as Jaaxy, Market Samurai, etc. I suggest that the title tuner function be added to 'Start a New Hub' so that the suggestions about related popular keywords pop up while the author is finalising the title. This may help authors get more traffic - a win for the author and HP.
    Sure, it only suggests popular keywords, which is a longer way from 'competitive keywords' but it is a good start. The best time to tune the title is at inception, as well as when modifying the title.

2. Peggy W profile image91
    Peggy Wposted 3 years ago

Sounds like an interesting proposition.  Wonder how hard it would be for HP to implement?

3. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago

I thought the Title Tuner was based on the search history of the Hub.  I notice that if a Hub hasn't had visitors for a while, there are no suggestions.

If that's the case, then the existing Title Tuner  can't be attached to a new Hub because there's no history, so HubPages would have to design a new one.

janderson99posted 3 years ago in reply to this

It would be only a matter of using related hubs for which there are data, that was the suggestion.

4. derek gulbranson profile image81
    derek gulbransonposted 3 years ago

It would be great to have some kind of interface to help guide you as you initially create a title. The Exclusive feature is one of our more recent attempts to help at that.

But as Marisa mentioned, the Title Tuner uses traffic history for the Hub in question to show what terms people have used to arrive at your Hub that are not included in your title. When you initially create a Hub, that data is not available since it has no search visits yet. The search terms that people used to arrive at other Hubs wouldn't be useful or applicable to your new Hub. Google's Keyword Tool is better place for more general keyword research.

Let me know if I didn't understand your suggestion correctly.

janderson99posted 3 years ago in reply to this

@ Derek Thanks for your feedback - just to clarify ...

The system has the ability to select 8 related hubs - based on the title and topic. For each of these under the search tab are these listings

"Words That Appear in Searches But Are Not In Your Title"
      => lowest: 42%

which are used by Title Tuner.

The suggestion was that the link program compile a list of these words from the eight related articles as suggestions. Given that they are not used in the title for the eight source articles there should be minimal conflict in terms of competition.

1. derek gulbranson profile image81
        derek gulbransonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Innnnteresting. I don't know that anyone has connected those ideas like that before. It may be that it wouldn't be that reliable but I'll look into it, maybe we can take a peek.