jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (16 posts)

Add pictures within an article

1. lions44 profile image94
    lions44posted 4 years ago

My article has several different headings, each about a specific person. So I would like to add a photo of each at the heading. But how can move the photos that I've already upload on another capusle to the right place?

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image90
      mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Use the 'up down arrows' on each photo capsule to move it where you want it to be located. On the basis you describe you will only be able to have one photo per capsule, so delete the others and then re-upload them in individual photo capsules so you can move them to the right places.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image88
    Millionaire Tipsposted 4 years ago

You don't have to reupload them.  You can take them from My Photos section.  You do have  to have either one photo per capsule or at least each capsule should only have photos of one person, as mistyhorizon2003 said, and move them up and down and to the right using the arrows..

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image90
      mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Good point re-the uploading, well spotted!

In this particular situation only 1 person per image capsule is important, but of course in general (depending on the hub topic) this may not be the case. For a random example if your hub was about 'tastiest desserts', you might choose to have a 'hot dessert section' and a 'cold dessert section' in which case the picture capsule for each might include multiple images of either hot or cold desserts.

3. Simone Smith profile image92
    Simone Smithposted 4 years ago

Thanks for sharing those tips, y'all!

I can also direct lions44 to this Learning Center guides, which has some tips on using the capsule: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/vide … to-capsule

4. lions44 profile image94
    lions44posted 4 years ago

Thanks very much for all the tips.

1. Jean Bakula profile image94
      Jean Bakulaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I write hubs about different people. I put the pictures of them in Paint, and then save them in My Documents. Then I have the picture and can use it again if I want. When you use the picture capsule, click, and it will allow you to view the pictures in your Documents and then open that one and put it in your picture capsule. I hope that helps.

lions44posted 4 years ago in reply to this

thanks, Jean. I'm stil having problems moving the photo capsules. They either go to the very top or bottom.  I'll keep at it.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
          Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Do you have each person in a new text capsule?  If you've written everything in one big capsule, you won't be able to position your photos where you want them.

I have my text in one capsule and then I'm adding photo capsules. I tried to publish the article with pics within the text but it did not work.  So I assumed I had to add a new capsule every time.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image88
              Millionaire Tipsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Use one text capsule for each person. 

That was something that confused me when I first started, but now I simply use a new text capsule for each section of my hub, whether I need it or not.  That way, if I decide to add other capsules - maps, photos, amazon, etc., I can easily move them around where they look good.

Thanks very much for the help. It's all good now.

1. Jean Bakula profile image94
                  Jean Bakulaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Putting your hub in one capsule is a mistake many of us make. Even if you don't want to, make sure you break your piece up into at least 3 or 4 capsules. Then if you go back to them (and you will) you can add or delete anything, pictures, videos, whatever, at the top or bottom of one of the capsules. If you put it all in one, your pictures can only go to the very top or bottom. I did the same thing when I was new, and realized I couldn't add anything. You will change your hubs a lot over time. Best.

1. mary615 profile image94
                    mary615posted 4 years ago in reply to this

How true!  It is also easy to edit your text when it is broken down into several capsules, I think a hub is easier to read and understand when there are several capsules, not just one long Hub.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
              Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

As MillionaireTips says, you should always break your text up over several capsules.  That way, you can mix and match photos, videos, polls, text, Amazon ads etc - plus, it's easier to edit and move them around later if you want.

This article will help you:

http://darkside.hubpages.com/hub/capsules

working