jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

FIXED: Article had ads disabled, now what?

1. GwennyOh profile image85
    GwennyOhposted 4 years ago

i had the ads disabled on one article. This has left me with questions.

There was a warning i read that if it happens a number of times that I publish content that can't host ads, that my account may be suspended. Does this also include when I publish an article such as it was - an important and good quality one, but it still sets of the sensitive matter filters due to the odd word used?

Can I still insert Amazon links, eBay and Amazon capsules too?

How do I know if publishing the article endangers my account?

Thanks.

1. Marina Lazarevic profile image86
      Marina Lazarevicposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, even Hubs deemed socially or otherwise valuable can get ads disabled. I could provide a reason for this instance if you let me know which Hub it was.

I recommend you take a look at the list of sensitive topics provided in the FAQ. Your best bet is to proactively disable ads on Hubs that contain sensitive content, particularly photos. If you are not sure, send an email to team@hubpages.com and ask before publishing the Hub.

Occasionally, our filters might not catch something and the Hub will be published with ads. This does not mean the Hub is immune, however, as Google AdSense also tracks the content its ads are shown on, and can disable your AdSense account if it deems the content unsafe for advertisers. If this happens, it can take several weeks to reinstate ads on your subdomain (yes, if Google disables your account it will disable AdSense ads on all of the published Hubs), so I suggest preemptively disabling ads on delicate topic Hubs.

Typically, you can get ads reinstated once you have removed the problematic content from your Hub.

Hope this helps! smile

GwennyOhposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The first one is the one that  was warned, the second one, I am concerned about.  If I can't publish this type of thing here,  I am sadly in the wrong place.

http://gwennyoh.hubpages.com/hub/ode2women2

http://gwennyoh.hubpages.com/hub/ode2women2

2. Marina Lazarevic profile image86
      Marina Lazarevicposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Looks like neither of these Hubs are published. If you publish them (take them out of 'edit' mode), you should start seeing ads!

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's one of the annoying things about Adsense.   They have strict rules about sensitive topics.  Unfortunately, because they police those rules using automated robots which can't read context, they just look for "naughty words".   That yields some odd results.  For instance, an article ranting against drug use is just as unacceptable as one promoting the use of drugs.    I know Hubbers who've had ads disabled on Hubs about breast cancer because of the word "breast". 

The bottom line is that yes, you can endanger your Adsense account by writing about these subjects - and other people's, too.  One of HubPages' competitors, Wizzley, had Adsense disabled for the whole site because one member posted "unacceptable" photos!   In general, if you feel inspired to write about topics like this, you're better off putting them on a blog which doesn't use Adsense. 

I have a blog called PlainTalkforWomen.com which accepts guest posts and doesn't use Adsense, if you'd like to contribute an article.

Thanks for the replies, I am on things now.

working