jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (17 posts)

Is anyone still using shetoldme dot com?

1. investinginvest profile image62
    investinginvestposted 4 years ago

I have been away from online activities for some time now. I wanted to renew my online marketing but noticed that shetoldme now charges for membership.

Am wondering if it is worth paying for its membership due to the clamp on bad links. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image90
      PaulGoodman67posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I stopped using it when they started charging.  I've stopped using all those bookmarking sites to be honest.

1. investinginvest profile image62
        investinginvestposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Paulgoodman67, how then do you manage to promote and get backlins to your hubs?  Thanks

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image90
          PaulGoodman67posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I just follow what it says in the HP learning center.  It is sensible advice and won't trigger Google penalties.  http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/a-gu … acklinking

1. CrescentSkies profile image83
            CrescentSkiesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Actually I've been using automated link building services on my hubs and my profile is PR 2. Sadly Google isn't as "thorough" as it likes to claim it is.

2. 0
    Miriam Weissmannposted 4 years ago

I thought shetoldme went under a long time ago. It would have to work miracles before I'd pay for it! Can't imagine using it does any good these days if you ask me, but don't take my word for it.

1. Marisa Wright profile image95
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree.  Links on that site are likely to do more harm than good IMO.

3. investinginvest profile image62
    investinginvestposted 4 years ago

Miriam Weissmann, I took some time to go through the post made there, it look ok but, my fear is that google might view the links coming from shetoldme as bad links and spammy.

1. 0
      Miriam Weissmannposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I really can't say, but that would also be my fear. Artificial backlinks killed my old blog, so I'm very careful these days.

4. chinweike profile image46
    chinweikeposted 4 years ago

I would be interested in this. I considered paying the money a couple of months ago but not sure what posting on she toldme would do to my blog.

5. brakel2 profile image86
    brakel2posted 4 years ago via iphone

I stopped when they started charging. I thought it was against TOS to pay for back links. I won't pay for that site, and why do they charge anyway?  .

6. 0
    Miriam Weissmannposted 4 years ago

Google must have cottoned on long ago that any links from shetoldme are artificial backlinks.

7. LucidDreams profile image82
    LucidDreamsposted 4 years ago

Agreed, I can't see the benefit of paying for a service which is a little outdated and free elsewhere.

8. Conleys Review profile image80
    Conleys Reviewposted 4 years ago

investinginvest, you can get some quality backlinks from business type social sites Sokule, SWOM, Bizoppers, Sales Spider, LinkedIn and Manta.  I use all of these for my websites as well.  Register free and create your profile with a promotional backlink to your Hubpages subdomain.  There are others, like Squidoo, Yelp, Groupon, Twitter and Facebook,but I don't have experience with those.

9. jhendor profile image84
    jhendorposted 4 years ago

i just used it once and that was far back as 2 years ago and that was all

10. Rosie2010 profile image84
    Rosie2010posted 4 years ago

I had also stopped using shetoldme when James started charging for its use.  It was only $12/year (I don't know how much he is charging now), but I had stopped writing at the time and didn't bother.

Welcome back.  Cheers!

11. artsofthetimes profile image85
    artsofthetimesposted 4 years ago

What on earth do they supply that needs to be paid for? Just allowing the posting articles?

working