jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Why do Google adSense ads only appear at the very bottom of a hub?

1. sleepylog profile image87
    sleepylogposted 4 years ago

Since Google adSense ads only appear so far down a hub page, I wonder if it's even worth having them in my hubs. Seriously, I've only made about $1 in adSense earnings. I make more through the HP adProgram than I do through Google adSense. Is that pretty much the same for all hubbers? Why are we not able to choose where we place them such as the Amazon and eBay capsules?

1. sallybea profile image96
      sallybeaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Little puzzled as I notice you have Google Ads on the top of all the pages I looked at!

sleepylogposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Those are from HP adProgram

Well, that solved that mystery!  Only been here six weeks.  Apologies, I am still learning the ropes.  For some reason I thought they were one and the same!

2. sallybea profile image96

That was a light bulb moment,!   I guess I had not realized before that you could in effect earn money on HubPages without even applying for Google Adsense,

sleepylogposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, you can. In fact those ads earn you money simply from impressions whereas with the Google adSense ads you only earn money when someone clicks on an ad.

1. 96
              Robbie C Wilsonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You can actually make money via Adsense for impressions only. I have never had an Adsense advert clicked on, but I have made a small amount of money via impressions.

Having said that, my HubPages Ad Program money far outstrips the money made on Google Adsense, although looking at the FAQ link I can now understand why.

2. chasmac profile image98
    chasmacposted 4 years ago

No - First you need an Adsense account to be eligible for the HP program.

3. StayAwakeNow profile image59
    StayAwakeNowposted 4 years ago

As chasmac said, you need to register for an adsense account first before you can join in on the HP adprogram.

So, in a nutshell my lightbulb above just went out!   To get any earnings from your Hubs, from any source whatsoever you need Google Adsense.  I had not realized until now that the earnings reflected on the Hubpages Earnings page comes from the HP Program rather than Google Adsense in spite of it clearly having a 'Google' next to the ad appearing at the top of the page.     Any other earnings will be reflected on your Amazon, E-Bay or Adsense Account 's actual account pages.

4. agvulpes profile image89
    agvulpesposted 4 years ago

This setup has confused a lot of Hubbers but there is a lot of info in the Learning Centre and FAQ you might try starting there, here is a link to get you started:
    http://hubpages.com/faq/#hpads-appearance

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago

As others have pointed out, you can't be a member of the HP Earnings Program if you don't have an Adsense account.

Given that you've got to have Adsense, you may as well use it, even if it's only at the bottom of the page.

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image91
      mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago

You can use Amazon without having an Adsense account, although ideally you really should be doing your absolute best to get an Adsense account so you can join the HP Ad program and earn from that, plus the few cents you will then get from Adsense itself then (it adds up over time).

working