jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

An introduction to HubPage referrals

1. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 9 years ago

Before throwing myself (and my readers) into the deep end (it's going to get VERY deep) the following hub An Introduction To HubPage Referrals is a light introduction, an entree, a taste test, as to what referrals are and how they work.

If there are any HubPage Staff cruising the forums who can give the short 4 capsule hub a browse through to make sure I'm not misinforming people or preaching heresy it would be most appreciated big_smile

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

That looks correct to me.

An even simpler summary is that you will either net about 10% of the revenue generated as a result of your link if you put a tracker in or you'll net 0% if you don't.  Either way, we appreciate the link (but please do not spam).

1. SunSeven profile image62
      SunSevenposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Hi Paul, Is there a way to see the referral statistics in detail. Currently the only referral data available to the hubbers are the number of sign ups and the number of hubs created by them. Frankly, I would like to see a bit more stats like how much revenue they have generated for me, their total number of page views, etc.

darksideposted 9 years ago in reply to this

I don't think data on how much has been earned through actual click thrus would be available at Hubpages.

2. pauldeeds profile image
        pauldeedsposted 9 years ago in reply to this

That's something we'd like to do, we just haven't had the resources to make it happen yet.  I think showing hub views per tracker might be pretty easy, so I'll see if I can add that at least.

darksideposted 9 years ago in reply to this

That would be nice.

3. darkside profile image80

Finished the hub on How HubPage Tracking Works.

4. darkside profile image80

Strange, very strange.

I thought I'd chose the ads to be low on http://hubpages.com/hub/tracking as there's probably not all that much out there in the way of Adsense that will really complement hub content on Hubpages. And seeing that the only site it's linking to is for examples AND it's hubpages.com URL's, but I got this email:

5. SunSeven profile image62
    SunSevenposted 9 years ago

Thanks Paul. All The Best smile

6. pauldeeds profile image

All done.

Keep in mind the views and estimated dollar amount is only from your share of views of hubs created by people that signed up from your links.  It does not include any revenue generated from page views by users that clicked on your link but did not sign up (the site wide traffic share revenue).

http://hubpages.com/my/trackers

7. pauldeeds profile image

Small clarification, the views are the total number of views on the hubs.  The dollars are estimated based on your 10% share of that total.

1. SunSeven profile image62
      SunSevenposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Seen it. Liked it. A little more will be great. Thanks Paul.

8. darkside profile image80

Thanks Paul.

Any chance of a row down the bottom with the total of each column showing there?

working