Everything featured, 0 hubscore?

1. Neinahpets profile image91
    Neinahpetsposted 3 years ago

Everything I have written has been featured so far in the 3 days that I have been a part of this wonderful site.  Decent scores, and even 135 page views, but my personal Author Score is only a 0.  What happened to cause it to plummet on day 2? 

Still working on AdSense.  Was denied a few times before I realized I needed more things on there than a couple articles.  Waiting to see how 3 of the ones I did today turn out and then I'll try that again.

Could anyone give me any insight?  I'm having a bit of difficulty figuring out what went wrong...  I know as a result my page views went from an average of 20-30 on a hub to 0-8.  It's disheartening.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I can't say why the hubber score (the one on your avatar) plummeted, but I can say that decreasing views are extremely unlikely to be a result of that.

When hubs are published HP promotes them on the site in several ways, and lots of hubbers read them.  Check your "traffic sources" on the stats page to see this.  As that promotion dies (your hub is replaced with a newer one) those views drop rapidly and are likely to remain near zero until you begin to get some organic, search engine, traffic.  This can take anywhere from days (unusual) to weeks to months (also unusual).

It actually sounds like your traffic is right on track or even a little high so far.

1. Neinahpets profile image91
        Neinahpetsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Oh wow, really?  Well that's fantastic news!!  Maybe this means I might actually be pretty successful in sharing the things that interest me with the world.  Very awesome.

Thank you so much for your quick response and great explanation!