jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

This irks me: idled exclusive titles.

1. habee profile image89
    habeeposted 4 years ago

I just noticed that one of my exclusive title hubs has been idled. Let me add that his hub is about 2,000 words long, with useful tips, a table, and lots of original photos. I did keyword research before writing. HP chose the title, so it irks me that now the title has been idled. Do you "get" what I'm saying here?

1. SimeyC profile image89
      SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

big_smile I just had the same happen with a 2 month old exclusive title - it was a very long and IMHO a very good hub!

2. rfmoran profile image92
      rfmoranposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I do get it. I've only done one exclusive, which was recently idled. Ton of research, lots of links with SEO friendly words, but a lousy title that I'm stuck with. Because you can't change the title and tags are no longer allowed, your only choice is to add or change text and hope for the best. Why HP doesn't simply abandon this foolish exclusive program is beyond me.

I wouldn't say it's a foolish idea - I've had some great Exclusive titles - I'd simply like the ability to amend the title if the hub becomes un-featured...

1. habee profile image89
          habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Great idea!

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

Yesterday I read an article on how what makes a catchy/hot/desirable title has changed over the last year and how it's changing again.

I don't think the Exclusive Title idea is viable at all, and while I was considering trying to write one, I've now decided it's (yet another) failed experiment and I'm not going to touch it with a ten-foot pole.

I think I'll view the exclusive titles then base my title on it - it does give me ideas, but I need the flexibility to change it when a title doesn't work!!!

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That's what I do now, Simey.  Use the exclusive list for ideas, but not for an actual title.  I can almost always come up with something better anyway so don't see any reason to even want an "exclusive".  If someone else can outrank me with the same title I choose, so be it.

2. paradigmsearch profile image88
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I specialize in those... lol

working