jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

Please help! I have already edited this hub 3 times

1. LauraD093 profile image85
    LauraD093posted 3 years ago

Any and all suggestions (including just scraping it altogether) would help me tremendously with this particular hub. I will now take a deep breath ...let me have it. Thanks.

http://laurad093.hubpages.com/hub/The-W … stmas-Gift

1. StayAwakeNow profile image60
      StayAwakeNowposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Add subtitles, it seems like one big wall of text, this scares potential readers away. Also makes your article more structured.

2. johndnathan profile image88
      johndnathanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Well looking at this hub there are parts that look like it's just thrown together.  There is a definite disconnect between the different paragraphs.  You also have several parts of the hub that are in bold for seemingly no particular reason at all.  You also have two videos at the bottom, however the orientation of the second video doesn't look good when it's off to the side.

I would suggest cleaning up the text on the article, and adding more content to help link the different sections together better.

3. sallybea profile image96
      sallybeaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I sometimes find that it is easier to begin a new Hub in 'a program such as Word' as this more often than not throws up all sorts of problems I should correct!   Only after I am satisfied with the result do I add the text to my new Hub Page. For one thing it is easier to read in Word as you can have the text as large as you like.

4. rfmoran profile image92
      rfmoranposted 3 years ago in reply to this

More subtitles and photos. Perhaps a poll. Big blocks of text are tough on the reader in the Internet age.

5. A Driveby Quipper profile image61
      A Driveby Quipperposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Don't waste time writing Hubs. Do something that pays.

LauraD093posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I do ...I work full-time the experience not the $$$ is what I am here for.

2. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 3 years ago

Ask and you shall receive.

The hub is in serious need of proof reading:

Land+Oil+Profits+Two Muslim Religious Systems= Civil Unrest (what happened to the space bar?)

course.It dealt  (no space)

war, A war  (capital A?)

against brother father sometimes against (needs a comma or something)

stay the same.When  (space needed)

death,land possession,profit seekers  (spaces)

itself.Power struggles for profit,wars,destruction,death then (spaces)

All of those are from the first paragraph; the rest of the hub is similar.

Hard to describe, but I had a hard time following the hub.  An introduction, then a description of sunni-shiite, fine.  But then suddenly a discussion of American expenses followed by casualties.  It just didn't flow well for me.

Personally, I think it needs more text capsules, with headers giving the basics of the capsule.  Doing so could well help the flow problem I had, too.

Another picture or two, breaking up the text some, might help.

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 3 years ago

Your "worlds most expensive Christmas gift" URL isn't going to help you at all with the search engines, given the extreme irrelevance it has to the content you're created.

4. LauraD093 profile image85
    LauraD093posted 3 years ago

Thank-you all I believe I've just focused on this hub on and off for so long it has become as said in need of and huge over haul. I want to thanks everyone for being constructively critical not critical it means a great deal. From the hub-community I have learned much. I am going to scrap it (only to re-write using my word) I am going to incorporate all the suggestion given thus far and re-submit on this particular forum prior to trying to publish again. Wilderness I really appreciate the breakdown and frankly I am embarrassed-it does flow and read choppy with numerous grammar mistakes. Relache I am aware of the url I'm not sure how to change it? I  have another edited hub although approved it has the same problem (will check tutorials.) When I pull and edit I haven't seen an option to edit url? Well back to the drawing board on this one. Again thank-you all for your time and critique.

I'm even even having grammar issues in my comment lol excuse me...a huge over haul and Thank-you not thanks-you. It is time for a break...a java...and another edit.

5. mistyhorizon2003 profile image91
    mistyhorizon2003posted 3 years ago

You can't change a URL, all you could do is create a new hub with a URL you want, and then copy and paste the text from the original (edited) hub into it. Then you would need to unpublish the original, de-index it and then publish the new version with the new URL.

mistyhorizon -thanks so much for the information. I am going to start from scratch which will enable me to do what U have suggested.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image91
        mistyhorizon2003posted 3 years ago in reply to this

You are welcome, good luck smile