jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (15 posts)

What did I say?

1. WuldUStilRemebrMe profile image61
    WuldUStilRemebrMeposted 4 years ago

I haven't been around here in a long time.  I have a question.

Last week, I said "I have never been as fond of woman as I am of you".

The response "That's good to know."

Then the conversation changed to another topic.

This was a telephone conversation.

So, what happened?

2. profile image0
    Beth37posted 4 years ago

Sounds like:
    1) She's not as in to you as you are to her.
    2) She wasn't fond of that wording?
    3) Too soon.
    4) She was waiting for more info before making any decisions.

WuldUStilRemebrMeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hmmm! lol! Do you think I was saying "I love you"? or was I was saying "I like you the bestest of all the womenest"  Do I need a  counsellor or just need to learn to communicate more effectively? lol!

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 4 years ago in reply to this

lol! That was funny!  Is that me? I need help!

3. SoundNFury profile image83
    SoundNFuryposted 4 years ago

Agree with Beth37 - it sounds like she's not into you as anything more than friends.

Did my words imply anything? If they were said to you (man or woman), how would you interpret them?

1. profile image0

that you were into her.

It was nice. I wouldn't feel bad about it though... you expressed a kindness. If you didn't want anything more, then you spoke your mind and moved on... if you want more than you might be stressing over it more than you should.

I don't feel bad or stressed.  I am trying to determine how the words would be interpreted. I am older (early 60's) and I have told her I have been in love with one person in my life; not the mother of my children - I love her because she is the mother of my children but I was never in love with her.  It's complicated of course.  I can appear to be complicated when it comes to relationships.  I have never married.  I have had two long term relationships. And now, I have met the woman I mentioned above.  We met 2 years ago.  We started dating over 1 year ago.  Maybe we are both cautious.  I like my freedom and I believe she likes hers as well.  We only date each other; that I am sure of.  Today, I am wondering how she would have understood my words.  Today, I am trying to understand what I have meant with those words.  Maybe, it is best to just leave it alone and continue to see her and what will be will be.

4. SoundNFury profile image83
    SoundNFuryposted 4 years ago

it probably just scared her a little, since you said you both enjoy your freedom.  the words you said are pretty strong (in a nice way not a bad thing) and are something you would tell someone that you would marry, for example.

No doubt, I shouldn't have spoken those words during a telephone conversation, but rather, in person.  They just came out.  I'm a guy. What can I say.  Anyway, you could be right. I may have caught her off guard as well as myself.

I will see her in a couple of days.  We have a nice time when we are together.  I've told her I'm addicted to her a few times.   She smiles and laughs and tells me I should be.  She's a widow.  She's been in love once.

I have told her several times that she is a good woman.

I will carry on.  We will carry on and be in the moment.  Life.  Be in the moment.

5. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 4 years ago

me thinks you are in love....just a guess!

1. lyndre profile image82
      lyndreposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Me thinks you are at the windup just a guess

1. profile image0

Yes. Be in the moment. That's so important! It's good to say what's on your heart, just be cautious not to put any pressure on her with your words. She may be just having fun while you are seeming to move ahead quickly. But I like your honesty... let's hope she does too. Good luck! smile

1. profile image0
          Motown2Chitownposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Agreed!

Best of luck to you, and do the best you can to just let it be what it will be.  Honesty is almost as dead as chivalry, these days, so I think you're to be commended for simply saying what was on your mind. 

smile

working