jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

hub I wrote about the Ellen Show

1. b4murray profile image60
    b4murrayposted 3 years ago

I wrote a hub about the Ellen Degeneres Show, randomly I will get comments on the hub from Ellen fans thinking they are writing to Ellen for help...
    How does this happen?

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
      DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You want me to be vague and polite, or honest?  The polite answer is, "People can sometimes become confused."  The honest answer is, "Many people are just plain stupid."

2. agvulpes profile image88
      agvulpesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It may help to put a 'disclaimer' , top and bottom of your hub that you have no official connection with Ellen or her show!

2. Simone Smith profile image92
    Simone Smithposted 3 years ago

This definitely does happen- just be thankful you didn't write a Hub on banking and are forced to deal with people sharing sensitive account information!

DzyMsLizzy is right- the best thing to do is to be polite and honest- to explain that they're not going to reach Ellen through your Hub. big_smile

1. lanablackmoor profile image94
      lanablackmoorposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You know, I feel like suddenly I understand how a certain percentage of identity thefts happen.

3. ktrapp profile image91
    ktrappposted 3 years ago

Wow - I looked at the comments on your Hub. One after another write as if you're Ellen. I wonder if people are just noticing the previous comments addressed to Ellen, and that is why they think they're contacting Ellen too. Strange. Maybe you should just forward your Hub to The Ellen Show and they could do a segment with you to clear up the matter smile That would be awesome.

4. b4murray profile image60

Thanks maybe I will forward them to Ellen, or delete them for the commenters privacy..

5. 0
    Ghaelachposted 3 years ago

Your best way around this problem is to reset your comments to only hubbers that are signed in to HP. I see in your hub you have 10 comments from outside HP. In reseting your comments you won't get any annoying comments from outside the HP circle. Just the one's with-in HP, and lets face it that does happen.

6. Doctor Kristy profile image77
    Doctor Kristyposted 3 years ago

People never stop surprising me with things they do. Maybe the first paragraph is misleading them? It's quite clear, but for some people, they need things spelled out for them.

I'd say either delete the comments, or just leave them... you don't have any obligation to pass them on. Most of those people probably contacted the official Ellen Website (and many other pages like yours) anyway.
    Maybe set your account settings so that you need to review comments first, so that you can censor comments and make sure nobody posts sensitive information, like social security numbers or addresses.

7. b4murray profile image60

Thanks everyone for the help... I'm not annoyed at all by the comments, just surprised... I will likely delete them