Has anyone found a workaround for Colorado Amazon Associates?

1. NotPC profile image61
    NotPCposted 3 years ago

I'm referring of course to the discrimination of Colorado residents by Amazon due to a law that was being considered in the state in 2010. This law would have created some sort of tax issue and Amazon quickly disabled all Colorado accounts. The law did not come to pass, yet Amazon still denies us the right to earn commission on our referrals.

Obviously this is a major issue for us on HubPages, considering we have two options for affiliate product marketing, the other being eBay. When designing hubs, I often feel pressured to use Amazon links to beef up my articles and fill in space on the left hand side of the page. The Amazon links are one of the few capsules that can be condensed and still placed on the left.

I feel like I am being cheated because I provide them traffic and sales and they don't pay me, while someone who lives in another state does the exact same work and makes more money. Amazon is taking advantage of Colorado residents based on a law that never existed.

In summary, I am upset and looking for a way to collect the rightful commission I deserve for providing Amazon with customers. I can't boycott the Amazon capsules all together because they are unique and necessary for certain hubs.

eBay is not a valid alternative. There are many products that people would rather buy new from a reputable source like Amazon and not some random person they know nothing about.

Help Colorado Hubbers! We are being discriminated against!

2. Simone Smith profile image92
    Simone Smithposted 3 years ago

Never feel 'pressured' to add Amazon items just to fill up space, NotPC- it's more than fine not to use them at all!

Honestly, we advise people to NOT use them unless they're explicitly referring to the product in question in a Hub and they believe readers are likely to want to buy it.

I'm afraid there's nothing HubPages can do about the issue with Colorado residents, but rest assured that eBay is still a great option and that it can really help the quality of your Hubs to have fewer affiliate sales capsules.