jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (19 posts)

Recipe Hubs

1. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 3 years ago

There are thousands of recipe Hubs on Hubpages and I have followed the instructions to the letter on 3 or 4 of them and have experienced a few new flavours. It made me want to try out some more.
    Has anyone else tried out the food on offer from fellow Hubbers and were you let down or pleasantly surprised?

2. Jools99 profile image91
    Jools99posted 3 years ago

I did a recipe for 'Blondies' that I found on HP and they were gorgeous!  I have also done a couple of muffin recipes and they were also really good.  I sometimes have to go online to convert cups into millilitres etc but that's a small price to pay if I enjoy the grub afterwards smile

3. seanorjohn profile image80
    seanorjohnposted 3 years ago

I read a hub on making Irish soda bread and it was far superior to the old recipe I was using.

1. ologsinquito profile image94
      ologsinquitoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I tried an East African chicken dish published by Hollie Thomas. It was delicious and it's now part of our meal rotation. It's easy and you can improvise a bit too.

4. Simone Smith profile image91
    Simone Smithposted 3 years ago

Cardelean's "Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bark" recipe has been tried by both Robin and myself- we love it!

5. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 3 years ago

I've done several vegie recipes posted by others....Made Relaches German pancakes and host of other recipes.  Mostly they were all pretty good.

6. Sally's Trove profile image99
    Sally's Troveposted 3 years ago

I've been delighted with all the HP author recipes I've tried, but then, I can usually spot an error and if I do, I don't bother to try the recipe. All in all, I think there are some wonderful recipes published on HP.

7. KDeus profile image97
    KDeusposted 3 years ago

I have found some really delicious sounding recipes on here! I have them in my to-make list, but recent travel has not given me the time yet to make them. For some that I want to make, I will make gluten free substitutions, but like Sally's Trove said, I can usually spot an error or know if the combination of ingredients just isn't my thing so I wouldn't make it. I really do enjoy seeing the recipe hubs on here!

8. CyclingFitness profile image92
    CyclingFitnessposted 3 years ago

I've had a few emails from non-hubbers thanking me for posting some of my recipe hubs. (Including one this week for my Yorkshire Parkin). It's a really nice feeling when someone takes the time to email.

9. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 3 years ago

Do You have a favorite Hubpages Recipe That you have cooked or baked? my favorite was from Just Ask Susan
    Blade Steak - A Recipe That Will Amaze You
    it did amaze me.....jimmy

10. DrMark1961 profile image93
    DrMark1961posted 3 years ago

rmcrayne has a lot of great recipes if you enjoy southern cooking but my favorite, and something I have been making every week since I found it, is an excellent recipe for banana pudding. It is put together from scratch so even here in the boonies I can make it! We dont have vanilla wafers, of course, but coconut cookies are a good substitute and of course we always have bananas.

1. 0
      Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

We should include the links to these recipes maybe. wink

2. rmcrayne profile image95
      rmcrayneposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Many thanks DrMark.  Unfortunately many of my recipe hubs get lousy traffic, and I am moving them to blogger.

1. DrMark1961 profile image93
        DrMark1961posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I have already copied several to my recipe book but it is unfortunate they were not getting more traffic here. I also deleted quite a few hubs on Brazilian food because no one was reading them. The only one I left is on African fritters, and I am getting (drum roll, please!) FIVE visits a month to that hub!

1. Sally's Trove profile image99
          Sally's Troveposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'd be very interested in Brazilian recipes. In the past, HP writers were told that it takes a long time for articles (hubs, recipes) to mature. You've been here for only 9 months...some of my most trafficked recipes have been here for two or more years.

A year or so ago, I would have suggested that you let your recipes mature here to see how they fare; however, HP has changed, and it's anyone's guess about how long a hub can sit here, with little to no traffic, until it gets idled and has no chance to gain organic traffic.

So, where can I find your Brazilian recipes?

1. DrMark1961 profile image93
            DrMark1961posted 3 years ago in reply to this

They are just on my computer at the moment. You are probably right about the recipes maturing but they were so slow that I expected them to pull down my "rating" with google, or be idled by HP.
            I set up another profile with HP just for recipes, surfing, and slacking but have yet to post anything on it.

11. 0
    GoldenThreadPressposted 3 years ago

One of the yummiest side dishes and I finally found where I put it (downloaded and lost it on the desktop) ugh! Anyway, was a great recipe from SmartAndFun: Sweet Cream Corn with Toasted Parmesan Crust. Awesome with pork and filling enough for your hungry bunch!

And, not to toot my own horn, but I created a recipe, Pear Tart with Apricot Glaze, that uses soft, ripe pears and the glaze has a hint of brandy. Put together and it was serendipitously delicious!--Deb

12. rmcrayne profile image95
    rmcrayneposted 3 years ago

These veteran hubbers have loads of great recipe hubs:  habee, John D Lee, Marye Audet, and judydianne.

13. ComfortB profile image84
    ComfortBposted 3 years ago

I only have a handful of recipe hubs, but I'm doing fairly well with them. I get an average of 33 views a week on them.

http://comfortb.hubpages.com/hub/How-To … tain-Chips

http://comfortb.hubpages.com/hub/-Meat- … sh-Pasties