jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Traffic has been low recently - any ways that I can bring it back up?

1. Cardia profile image89
    Cardiaposted 3 years ago

Recently I found that my traffic to my hubs has been very low. I've tried updating and editing them, but no luck so far. I used to get roughly 100-120 views a day, and now I'm barely scraping 40.
    What are some ways that I can bring my traffic back up?

Thank you!

2. Simone Smith profile image93
    Simone Smithposted 3 years ago

The best thing to do is to regularly publish high quality content, and to continue to do what you're already doing (that is, updating Hubs that could do more to have a competitive edge).

It also helps to make sure that you're covering subjects people are searching for online. Keyword research and careful construction of titles goes a long way: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/google-keyword-tool

Also, check the competition before creating a Hub. If a subject is already exhausted online and there are already a lot of good articles out there addressing it... your time is probably better spent on something else.

Hope that helps! big_smile

3. HikeGuy profile image86
    HikeGuyposted 3 years ago

I use pingler.com every time I update. Tweeting seems to help, especially when others retweet or publicize my link. Stumble Upon is the most effective of the bookmarking services I've tried. I've also rewritten summaries and parts of hubs to improve SEO based on the strongest keywords for the topic.

There's no one answer. Some of my hubs that were never popular get surges of traffic with no help from me and others stay pretty steady all the time. I do see improvements with the update-ping-tweet strategy, and the results are fast. 

Also -- I thank photographers on Flickr for their CC content and include a link to the Hub with their photo. Sometimes I leave relevant comments on blogs that have CommentLuv.

There are some website analyzing sites -- the Web of Trust add-on is a handy way to steer clear of bad sites -- I've been using that to improve keyword use, subhead, photo names, links and other details on my blogs. Bit by bit I'm applying the new strategies to the hubs. Most of my traffic is from Google and I'm gradually getting more traffic from Bing, Yahoo and some other sources.

I found Google's tips for webmasters useful for keeping the focus on adding value to my pages and weathering the changes. I only use the HP ad program here and I get paid out regularly.

All the fine-tuning gave me a significant bump up in traffic on my favorite blog.

I'll be interested to see what other suggest. I learn a lot here. Best wishes for better traffic soon.

4. carol7777 profile image86
    carol7777posted 3 years ago

I am glad I checked this out as I was hopeful to find some answers.  I personally think it is just a sum total of all we do..which sounds redundant.  Anyway hopefully we will all keep learning.

5. Frangipanni profile image85
    Frangipanniposted 3 years ago

Thank you for all the help here. You save us newbies weeks of blundering and wondering.