jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Filtered Comments on Hubs?

1. janshares profile image90
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

What does it mean when your comment does not post immediately on a hub but you can see that others do? Is it related to the "accept or deny" buttons in the comment section on our page? Seems there's another level of regulation I'm missing because it doesn't happen every time. Some comments I posted never made it to the hubs. Glitch or moderation of comments?

1. snakeslane profile image81
      snakeslaneposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Jan, there are global settings for comments. You find these filters on your Account page. Look to the lefthand bar. Choose 'comments' and then choose 'Global Settings' which provides the different options for moderating comments to your own pages. Hope that helps.

jansharesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, snakeslane. I checked it out; I see that different options can be set and saved per hub. Still confusing though because I've never set mine but still have to approve or deny some comments, and other times not. Also, guests (who are my friends outside of hp) are able to leave comments without approval. I think it has to do with when I'm signed in or not. Anyway, thanks.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Users have the option to review comments before allowing them to be posted.
      So they must approve or deny any posted comment.
      This means that they can deny the comment or not actively approve it and it will not show on the Hub in question.

Ok, thanks Matthew for clarification.

2. Alastar Packer profile image82
    Alastar Packerposted 4 years ago

You should be able to see your comment on the writers hub even before it is approved.

Hmmm. Thanks, Alastar. Hope I find out what's wrong.

1. Alastar Packer profile image82
        Alastar Packerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hope so janshares. Glitches do happen where it won't post, though.

3. snakeslane profile image81
    snakeslaneposted 4 years ago

Ya, the approve deny buttons are a separate item when the hub is 'open' to comments. funny...but this leaves control in your hands if somone leaves spam or 'other' unwanted comment. Meanwhile the comment would still be visible (in the 'open' mode) until it is officially denied. Approved, at this point appears to be a formality. (I think). Some people may re-set these options if they are going to be away from computer for awhile. Your comment may be in that mode when you don't see it. Worst case scenerio would be 'denied' for whatever reason, could be done accidentally too, clicking the wrong button?

working