jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Can anyone give me their opinion?

1. lizelmeminger profile image59
    lizelmemingerposted 4 years ago

I've written my first Hub, and I'm still not sure whetjer it's good enough.
    Can somebody help me?

2. WriteAngled profile image89
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

Zdravo i dobrodoŇ°li!

One very important thing that you haven't done is to give credits for the pictures you use. You must say where you got them from and indicate that they are either your own photos, public domain or that the owner has given you permission to use them.

Secondly, at least one of your pictures has a watermark on it. We are not allowed to use watermarked pictures and this will cause your hub to be unpublished if it is reported to or found by a moderator. You'd be best removing that picture as soon as possible.

I don't know if any other pictures are affected, because they did not all download while I was looking at your hub.

If you go to http://commons.wikimedia.org/, you will find loads of photos of Serbia, which you can use freely. When you download a picture, you will be told exactly how to credit it as well.

A number of other sites also provide images that can be used freely. If you do an search on the forums for terms like "public domain", you will find a number of threads and comments on this subject.

BTW, you have a typo in your profile, re Belgrade.

1. paradigmsearch profile image88
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am fond of you...smile

1. lizelmeminger profile image59
        lizelmemingerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

well, thanks. (:

2. lizelmeminger profile image59
      lizelmemingerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh, I didn't even know about all that.
      Thank you so much for your help! smile

3. WriteAngled profile image89
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

Here is a long, long article from the HP Learning Center, which should tell you everything you need to know

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/legal-image-use

1. Simone Smith profile image91
      Simone Smithposted 4 years ago in reply to this

WriteAngled, you're my hero.

working